Discuss I Need of Help Connecting LED Strips in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Smelliot

Hello,
I have just purchased some LED strips from Amazon (link below), and I was wondering whether I could connect them up by firstly using a timer plug, followed by a 2-way plug.
The timer would be plugged into a wall socket.

The LED Strips: Tingkam Waterproof 1M 60 led 5050 White Color led Strip Lights Black Flexiable PCB With Connector DC 12V Under Cabinet Led Strip Ideal: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

If you have any other questions regarding my plan, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Smelliot

plug-in timer. then plug the LED PSU in after connecting the 12V plug to the red/black from the psu. note + and - must be the right way round. they're marked on the 12V plug.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Maybe I should have been more clear. What I am really asking is whether it would be safe to run two 12 volt plugs from the timer and a 2-way plug. As the LED strips will be left on for roughly 7 hours a day, I don't want to cause a fire or overload the wall socket.

ah, if i read that correct, you want to plug in a timer, then plug in a 2 way extn. lead then plug in 2 LED PSUs each feeding a LED strip.

Yes, that's correct.

Will that overload the socket? Or will it be OK?
The Amazon link gives the voltage and wattage of each LED strip.

it will be fine. don't use an adaptor, use a short 2 way extension lead. you can replace the fuse in the extension lead plug with a 5A.

Reply to I Need of Help Connecting LED Strips in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock