Discuss I need some advice on wiring in my new 90cm hob with 2 live wires in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nikki2o2o

DIY
Reaction score
I bought a new hob as we are fitting a new kitchen, we got all the other new appliances wired in, but the hob is a bit more complicated, it has 2 live wires then 1 negative and 1 earth, the wire coming out of the socket where it needs wired into where my old cooker was installed only has 1 live 1 negative and 1 earth..... I have rang around for an electrician but they all have a lot on for the next few weeks....... is this going to be as easy to install as the other appliances we wired in?

It might be, or it might not.
I suspect it is an induction hob?
It may well be too powerful for the cable that is existing.
You really need an electrician to look at this.

Sorry for the bad news.
P.s. have you a picture of the nameplate on the hob?
It should tell you how many kw it is.

Hi iv took some pictures

Attachments

• 009F20F1-AE4F-46C9-B779-E720A6597626.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 603B8258-25A4-477B-B84C-5FAE7809F7DB.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 06DADF58-300D-47C5-872E-2572FB829980.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 31
It is clearly labelled as to how it should be connected, subject to confirming that the installed supply is suitable for this appliance it should be connected in accordance with the labelling.

If you don't understand the labelling then it suggests that you don't have the knowledge to be able to make electrical connections in a safe and compliant manner and it would be inappropriate for us to advise further for fear of you hurting yourself or others.

Reply to I need some advice on wiring in my new 90cm hob with 2 live wires in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net