Discuss I need some information about to work on electrical in England. I have overseas qualification and i in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Firstly thaks for your interest. I graduated vocational high school in Turkey and I worked on different type electrical work and on high voltage.
My qulification ducuments diploma and certificate..
No problems Murat diploma and certificate in what exactly, do they equate to City and Guilds/ ONC/ HNC ect

What electrical works can I work with this document or what other documents are required?
To be Frank and Honest, I don't think your documents will enable you do carry out any electrical work in the UK, mind you I could be wrong, best wait until someone else comes on, with more up to date information on UK requirements, you mentioned you would like to work with HV installations, do you hold any Authorised Persons Tickets to allow you to work and operate HV equipment? If I can offer some advice Murat may be a visit to you local technical training establishment may be best in your situation. You could email some UK establishments and ask their advice, I'm not a lover of these places but give it a tryhttps://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing%20TS4U%20Electrical%202009&utm_term=Trade%20skills%204%20u&utm_content=Trade%20Skills as an example.

Last edited:
Hi Murat. You'll probably see from posts on here that qualifications are a major bone of contention. You'd probably go a long way by putting together a CV detailing your work experience and if possible getting references from previous employers as to the work you have under taken. What type of work are you looking for?

pete, his cert says that his quals equate to between btec level 2 and btech level 3. maybe a mature assessment whatever by JIB coupled with 2382 would get him up to speed.

My primary preference is to work as a sub contractor in industry or construction work, but I can work in other forms as well.
you'd need an ECS card then. this is a simple H&S test followed by application to JIB to get a grading.

pete, his cert says that his quals equate to between btec level 2 and btech level 3. maybe a mature assessment whatever by JIB coupled with 2382 would get him up to speed.
Yeah I missed that, my mistake.

Don't get sucked into any so called over priced fast track training schemes. Shop around, should you be advised to take any courses to get up to speed with UK regulations. From my own experience there are a lot of guys from outside the UK who have been taken advantage of so do your research first.

Reply to I need some information about to work on electrical in England. I have overseas qualification and i in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net