Discuss i r testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A line/line test is only carried out on a 3phase installation where obviously you have 3 line conductors and is tested at 1000V.

i think what you mean is where it states live/live on the certificate
neutral is a live conductor so live/ live = line neutral

Hi.

No the line - neutral results only go in the line neutral box. The line - line box is for measurements between phases only.

Terminology is key here, there are four colums for I/R on a full EIC, line - line, line - neutral, line - earth, and neutral - earth.

Nowhere is there a colum for live - neutral or live earth. as old dog has said the live conductors are line and neutral

Hope this helps.

do i still need to put the results for l/n in the l/l table then

thanks
sorry peter you have lost me a bit
on the schedule of test result you have insulation resistance.
under that you have a box live/live on single phase that would be line + neutral
on 3 phase that would be between lines + lines + neutral
i hope i am making this clear
what do you have on your paper work if it differs from this
ps
and the box live/ earth

Last edited:
sorry peter you have lost me a bit
on the schedule of test result you have insulation resistance.
under that you have a box live/live on single phase that would be line + neutral
on 3 phase that would be between lines + lines + neutral
i hope i am making this clear
what do you have on your paper work if it differs from this
ps
and the box live/ earth

I have live/live and live and earth so I put the live and neutral result in here is this right single phase

I have live/live and live and earth so I put the live and neutral result in here is this right single phase
yes mate live/live box line + neutral
live/earth box line +earth
thats it
but for the tests you test as gn3 page 39

why cant they leave things alone live then phase now phase is line if i just keep in mind phase/live/ is line
live can be line or neutral i think i need a cup of tea or coff no no tea

Last edited:

Reply to i r testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock