Discuss Identify heating controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Morning all.

I’m sure all you human beings will be quicker and more accurate than google…
Can anyone identify this heating controller.
Looks like it’s missing a flap on the bottom…

24ADD09C-1673-4403-AF38-27D5475A0879.jpeg

Well, its an old programmer... and nothing really is a straight replacement.
I could change the brand, but as you can maybe see, there's a wall pillar to the left... and sometimes the mounting frame is on the other side.

There must be a back box being used as wiring centre behind that.

Looks like the mvs and boiler wired at back alright

Is it giving any trouble , would the reserve be working now or would it even have one

Design looks as good as any of the modern 2 channel type except the display maybe, oh I see there's a slider broken

Last edited:
Take it off and have a look. There'll be wiring details for the base...so you should be able to find a model number.
Why do you want to know, for operating instructions, maybe?

Well, its an old programmer... and nothing really is a straight replacement.
I could change the brand, but as you can maybe see, there's a wall pillar to the left... and sometimes the mounting frame is on the other side.

There must be a back box being used as wiring centre behind that.
A Danfoss guide to an early electronic programmer FP975, which itself is a plug-in replacement for yours, suggests there were other plug-in replacements at that time.
One of the straight plug-ins shown in the compatibility tables near the front of the booklet is a FP715si
(there's a wrinkle in that this FP975 has a little switch "Mk9 backplate wiring / SET backplate wiring", which presumably means there a wire that would need moving on the backplate - the mechanical interface appears the same for both)

I observe that FP715si 's do crop up from time to time on eBay, not cheap, but I guess that may not be attractive - there's none available today as far as I can see

But there is someone on EBay selling a brand of programmer (new) he claims is a plug-in replacement for the FP715si

The inference being that (plug-in wise) an eBay EPH R27-HW = Danfoss FP715si = Danfoss FP975 = Randall 922

But it might just be simpler to rewire to suit a modern equivalent! ?
Sorry - what a convoluted trail - what was I thinking? ?

Take it off and have a look. There'll be wiring details for the base...so you should be able to find a model number.
Why do you want to know, for operating instructions, maybe?
Basically, it’s busted.
The little sliding switch to move heating from off, to auto, to on etc, is broken, and very stiff to move as it is.

Getting the exact same would mean the customer doesn’t have to learn how to set a new programmer.

There’s a huge price range, so just going for a bog standard.

Morning all.

I’m sure all you human beings will be quicker and more accurate than google…
Can anyone identify this heating controller.
Looks like it’s missing a flap on the bottom…

View attachment 91200
I know its an old post, but i have the same controller, mine is a Randall 922, the timer is malfunctioning. My heating and water seem to work on the pre programmed defaults (06:30 -08:30) but my settings dont, the burner operates - but not on full flame so only warms slightly. More concerning, i have noticed my heating operates when the lever is in the off position ???
Discuss... 🥴

I know its an old post, but i have the same controller, mine is a Randall 922, the timer is malfunctioning. My heating and water seem to work on the pre programmed defaults (06:30 -08:30) but my settings dont, the burner operates - but not on full flame so only warms slightly. More concerning, i have noticed my heating operates when the lever is in the off position ???
Discuss... 🥴
Quick update, in with our service our guy is quoting us to replace our Randall 922 with a TR4.
Anyone disagree or suggest a better option ??

Cheers all !!
Discuss... 🥴

Quick update, in with our service our guy is quoting us to replace our Randall 922 with a TR4.
Anyone disagree or suggest a better option ??

Cheers all !!
You need to get someone whos competent to have a look at it.

I would disconnect the timer and ensure that the valves/boiler etc are all working as they should before actually changing it.

You need to get someone whos competent to have a look at it.

I would disconnect the timer and ensure that the valves/boiler etc are all working as they should before actually changing it.
Hi, thanks for response, They are a competent crew and do our setvices on boiler and gas fires, but my only query was the option to use the honeywrll T4r as the replacement, as that option hadnt appeared in my searches !

Hi, thanks for response, They are a competent crew and do our setvices on boiler and gas fires, but my only query was the option to use the honeywrll T4r as the replacement, as that option hadnt appeared in my searches !
The tr4 is a wireless programmable thermostat

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/honeywell-home-t4r-1-channel-wireless-programmable-thermostat/9543v

It won't control the hot water side of things as your old one does.

This would be better

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/honeywell-home-2-channel-digital-programmer/88608

Last edited:
The tr4 is a wireless programmable thermostat

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/honeywell-home-t4r-1-channel-wireless-programmable-thermostat/9543v
The Randall controller we have has a separate wired thermostat, that to be fair is in the wrong place as it is in an upstairs room that i use as an office/workspace and never have the radiator on, thus the thermistat is at best, inefficient 😉

The Randall controller we have has a separate wired thermostat, that to be fair is in the wrong place as it is in an upstairs room that i use as an office/workspace and never have the radiator on, thus the thermistat is at best, inefficient 😉
One of these would do what you want.

Especially if you want to put the room stat in a different place to the controller.

Reply to Identify heating controller in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net