Discuss Identify this head unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test cert for dno with every job that needs their involvement

Attachments

• 72675CC2-B9ED-4A13-B5DA-A589F79F3145.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 246F06CB-1B7D-479A-B8BD-9CB9CB3F6281.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
This happened to me a few months ago neutral fuse. I contacted the DNO immediately and advised the Landlord to shut off the power with a danger notice. The DNO told me to switch off the installation until they arrived. They came within an hour. I never knew what then transpired as the Landlord did not want to pay me to wait for them...

Test cert for dno with every job that needs their involvement
Why can’t they all be the same, what’s the rules over there for pulling a fuse to do a board change??

Napit have been trying to get the DNO to agree to let registered sparks pull and temporarily resell a cut out for what seems like years now

Why can’t they all be the same, what’s the rules over there for pulling a fuse to do a board change??

Napit have been trying to get the DNO to agree to let registered sparks pull and temporarily resell a cut out for what seems like years now

We can’t pull the fuses, I’ve only ever done it a handful of times and that was for real emergencies to avoid disaster.

Our island is only 36 miles x 12 so doesn’t take long for them to attend site..
Trouble with sparks pulling fuses and re-tagging is that it is open to abuse

We can’t pull the fuses, I’ve only ever done it a handful of times and that was for real emergencies to avoid disaster.

Our island is only 36 miles x 12 so doesn’t take long for them to attend site..
Trouble with sparks pulling fuses and re-tagging is that it is open to abuse
Can’t see the problem with a registered spark being able to pull a cut out and re sealing using a registered numbered vinyl label similar to what some of the DNO use now, basically a registered installer gets an amount of numbered labels assigned to him and has to send a DNO notification with that seal number on it after the works carried out.

It makes sense for safe isolation of a supply which is in the safety at work act!!

just pull it and be damned. life's too short to wait around sitting on our arses waiting for red tape .

In a perfect world it makes sense but there are too many rogues out there who could potentially use it to get free electricity..

It’s just too much hassle for them to put a system in place to allow us to pull fuses..
As far as they are concerned, apart from extreme circumstances there is no need for us to pull fuses..
If say we do a board change and you don’t want to do the tails live then we can arrange for them to pull fuse prior to works commencing

This happened to me a few months ago neutral fuse. I contacted the DNO immediately and advised the Landlord to shut off the power with a danger notice.

Was it dangerous in ways other than having a fuse in the neutral? If that was the main concern, I would not consider it worthy of isolating the system. The presence of a fuse in the neutral as well as the line is only a latent hazard, if someone does not perform safe isolation when the system appears dead due to the neutral fuse having blown, which itself is very unlikely. It is a world away from having fuses in the neutral instead of the line in which case there is no earth-fault protection.

I thought the fact the cutout was Cast iron with Ceramic fuse holders was a bigger concern.
Weren't they supposed to have been changed years ago under direction of the Regulator?

When the DNO come out to the O.P, depending on how much room there is around the cutout to work it's quite likely they'll dig up outside and cut the service before they touch the Cutout.

Whenever I come across a problem with a service head I ring ENWL myself, explain I am an electrician on site and tell them what the problem is. I then arrange a date and time with ENWL to attend the property. I make sure I am there and will supply and fit the isolator to the back board before they come (all chargeable to the customer) ENWL will then fit the tails into that and I will then reconnect the CU to the isolator, never had a problem with this arrangement and usually the guys from ENWL are quite accommodating with this arrangement.

Reply to Identify this head unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net