Discuss Identifying items fed from 3 pase DBs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just wanted to see how others tend to label items that are fed from DBs.

Have a load of 3 phase and single phase sockets and isolators to identify and label next week and although a simple task, thought i'd see if there was a preferred way so if another sparks comes in after me, its clear to them whats what.

DBX/WAYX/L1/2/3 for 3 PH and DBX/WAYX/L3 for 1PH

Thanks for your thoughts.

that's how i was taught. only we used to use R/Y/B instead of L1 etc.

DBx/Way/Ly

Where:
x=DB No.
Way is the location in the DB
L1, L2 or L3 as appropriate.
Due to the situation as has been suggested we har R/Y/B, now we have B/B/G!
However, L1, L2, & L3 are consistent!

Hi i label the outgoing ways saying A is the DB as DBA/1L1 for a 1 phase way, and if a 3 phase way it would be DBA/1L123

Hope this Helps
Darren

Depending on the type of board, fuse or MCB.
View attachment 13703
Fused would be:
R1/Y1/B1/N for 3Ph
R2/N for 1Ph
A lot of our boards would be 550V with no neutral so B2/R3 would be common.

MCB's as the other lads have said

Haven't seen a trusty old ''Red Spot'' fuse board for donkey's years now. Once the standard for industrial final circuit distribution, as well as providing a means for sub distribution in the bigger sizes....

Did a PIR last year with loads of them. Wish they'd all had lovely clean schedules like Tony's photo though, doesn't half cut down on the time. lol.

Did a PIR last year with loads of them. Wish they'd all had lovely clean schedules like Tony's photo though, doesn't half cut down on the time. lol.

All the sites I've been on with red spot boards have never once had a full clean schedule lol, usually just scribbled in permanent market on the inside of the door.

All the sites I've been on with red spot boards have never once had a full clean schedule lol, usually just scribbled in permanent market on the inside of the door.

Same here...

Still come across quite a few of them and most of them dont have any form of labelling or as you say rough scribbling that doesnt even make sense lol...

We did a pir a few years back on large warehouse that mostly had that type of DB and not one was labelled up, took us a week just to identify circuits...

I've always used DBX-n, where n= the way number, would be a single No. for 1p or 3 consecutive No.s for 3p.
We go one step further in the factory with DBX-Y-n, X= busbar in roof, Y= board ID and n as above

Reply to Identifying items fed from 3 pase DBs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock