Discuss Identifying tape in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I'm not a qualified professional electrician but I do repair laptops and pc's. Anyway my question is this. On a couple of cables there's a piece of tape. It looks to be woven from wire fibres and it's silver / grey in colour.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
I'd appreciate it someone could help me out.

Hi I'm not a qualified professional electrician but I do repair laptops and pc's. Anyway my question is this. On a couple of cables there's a piece of tape. It looks to be woven from wire fibres and it's silver / grey in colour.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
I'd appreciate it someone could help me out.
ain't got a scooby unless you post a pic.

There are various woven metal wire fabrics and materials that are used for electrical shielding, usually to prevent radiofrequency interference escaping. As above, post a pic for more specific info.

is it a Black Sabbath tape, bit of heavy metal?

Reply to Identifying tape in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Not an electrical question, but hopefully someone can help... I work full-time in a small office, where the LED lighting is horrible. It's three...
Replies
Views
Hi all We've had some works done in our kitchen which has involved fitting a new cooker circuit, installing some downlights to replace ceiling...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just about to move into a house with 2 small kids and the wiring/electrics haven't been updated in years (hard to know as it's probate)...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock