Discuss IEE Guidance Note 3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james101

Hi guys,

Been viewing these forums for some time and now I need your help!
I'm working away at the minute and staying in digs, and last night mine and a colleagues vans were broken into and stole almost everything!! Scumbags!

I'm due to do some testing over the next few days and wondered if anyone had a copy of the IEE Guidance Note 3? Working on an industrial site and there's a couple of things that I've not had a great deal of experience with. I've still got my copy of my OSG as that was in the front of the van, but my GN3 was in my kit bag!

Appreciate any help guys thanks!

Sorry to hear about your van, awful thing to happen to any tradesman.

The testing section in your OSG is pretty good as a point of reference should you get stuck on anything. It's basically a concise version of the test procedures laid out in GN3. All the reference tables you should need are in there too, bearing in mind the yellow OSG and it's errors in the Zs tables mind you.

Thanks for that Andy, appreciate it.

Yeah I was planning on mainly using my OSG, it's just always handy having GN3 to fall back on should I need it. I just begrudge having to pay for all my tools and handbooks twice due to them being stolen :( If I had lost them myself then I wouldn't mind quite as much! Never mind eh, at least it means having some shiny new kit in my hands!!

Thanks for that Andy, appreciate it.

Yeah I was planning on mainly using my OSG, it's just always handy having GN3 to fall back on should I need it. I just begrudge having to pay for all my tools and handbooks twice due to them being stolen :( If I had lost them myself then I wouldn't mind quite as much! Never mind eh, at least it means having some shiny new kit in my hands!!

The forum is here to ask any specific questions you may have that you can't find the answer to.

Hi guys,

Been viewing these forums for some time and now I need your help!
I'm working away at the minute and staying in digs, and last night mine and a colleagues vans were broken into and stole almost everything!! Scumbags!

I'm due to do some testing over the next few days and wondered if anyone had a copy of the IEE Guidance Note 3? Working on an industrial site and there's a couple of things that I've not had a great deal of experience with. I've still got my copy of my OSG as that was in the front of the van, but my GN3 was in my kit bag!

Appreciate any help guys thanks!
sorry to hear that james.

might be wise to invest in deadlocks (seperate locks not on central locking)

my ex-bg van has one and its ace, push the bolt home and it autolocks. (doesnt autolock just opening/closing door)

(around £100 a door fitted though, ive got racking so all my expensive stuff is protrected by that and lock

Scumbags - I've got a Sentry box in back of my van - similar to van vault - keep all my better bits in there.
I'm out and about to day and have my GN with me so if you get really stuck I can help on here.

sorry to hear that james.

might be wise to invest in deadlocks (seperate locks not on central locking)

my ex-bg van has one and its ace, push the bolt home and it autolocks. (doesnt autolock just opening/closing door)

(around £100 a door fitted though, ive got racking so all my expensive stuff is protrected by that and lock

Ah they sound like exactly what I need, £100 a door is fair when I'm protecting hundreds of pounds worth of kit and cable!

Scumbags - I've got a Sentry box in back of my van - similar to van vault - keep all my better bits in there.
I'm out and about to day and have my GN with me so if you get really stuck I can help on here.

Thanks for that, really appreciate your help!

Top guys on here.

Its hard to know how not get the intrests of theifs, sign on the door no tools inside over night (i dont care if you are lying to them), if the van looks bad i wouldnt think it was worth breaking in to, big lock might start to think must be some thing good in there.

Maybe a Double Barrel shot cut (mock up) with Party Poppers, a bit of sting on the doors, so when it opens you hear a CLICK, and when open enough it will pop off. Or maybe Clint Eastwood Voice Record so when you open the door, "Go on PUNK! Make my DAY" and then the click.

A Lot of car alarms seem to go off, and in the end some of the cars, i wish they were stolen and it wouldnt bother me. Would any one go over to see if the car was being stolen (risk being beaten up)

Reply to IEE Guidance Note 3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net