Discuss IEng in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hawca

Im undergoing application for my IEng, and have sponsors in line but was wondering if it was worth adding a 3rd reference (Optional) although he himself does not have the IEng status he does like myself hold MIET status.

the question is does the references have to also have IEng or CEng or is it just a values reference?

I can't remember Hawca TBH.
I did put 3 refs fwd, but IIRC the process has changed.
One was my line mgr CIM, one my MD CEng MIEE MIMechE, one the local branch sec CEng MIEE.
Ring membership or ask the local membership adviser that is helping you with your application.

Is there any advantage to get this (IEng) ?

Is that the next step after 2391, if not, what is the next relevant thing to study?

Ta
Alan.

I don't know what institute you are with. I'm with the IET. I used a ordinary degree that was accredited at IEng level. My supporters were not part of any institute but were at MSc level education. You don't need a degree to become a IEng or CEng. You need to be able to demonstrate knowledge to that level. You also need to demonstrate the competencies laid out in the UKSPEC framework. Many HNC level courses could be accredited for IEng but you would need to investigate this.

Regards

sbrown2

Reply to IEng in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi All I’m in charge of the maintenance (machinery and facilities) in a plastics manufacturing business. I have a ‘team’ of little old me and an...
Replies
Views
I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock