Discuss IET 18th Edition Regs Book - Best Place to Buy (price-wise) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any decent places to buy the IEC 18th Edition Regs book online?

There's the usual places like Waterstones, but its pretty pricey.

Has anyone found any 'gems' out there to purchase the book from for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

Apparently there are some on Ebay and Amazon that are cheap... Not sure how authentic they are..

Test Meter do one for £79

Not sure if they will knock any money off, as you are a forum member. Could always ask.

Last edited:
Thanks Spoon for the quick reply!

Just contacted Test-Meter - unfortunately they don't offer any discount on books/orders from forum members.

Also found edwards.co.uk do the Regs book for £78.60 with free delivery (Test-Meter also do free delivery on selected items).

Its between these two for me then.

Cheers!

Just contacted Test-Meter - unfortunately they don't offer any discount on books/orders from forum members.

That's a shame.

Let us know which one you go for.

CEF are £76.00 but you get 2½% settlement which brings it down to £74.10
[automerge]1568652061[/automerge]
If you buy a cheap copy from an online auction site, check it is a genuine IET copy (hologram inside front cover), I've heard there are counterfeits out there with missing pages, pages that fall out, etc. Also, depending on how diligent the exam centre is, you may get pulled for having a counterfeit and not be able to sit the exam.

Got mine from Amazon.Genuine copy £67.99.

I got the 17th yellow edition from Amazon, it fell apart after a few months starting with the most frequently used sections. Just be careful.

Well I decided to buy my copy of the 18th Ed. Regs from Test-meter.co.uk

It came in the post the other day, sealed within a good quality Jiffy bag.

The book looks legit, with a holographic sticker from the IET.
The cover on the book seems to be thinner quality-wise compared to the 17th Ed. Regs I had previously - is this the new norm for the regs books (see the last image for reference)?

Thanks

20190924_190106.jpg 20190924_190119.jpg 20190924_190132.jpg

Reply to IET 18th Edition Regs Book - Best Place to Buy (price-wise) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net