Discuss if i could run faster than the speed of light... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

if i started running from where i am now faster than the speed of light could i bump into myself and trip myself up before i begin running?:runner::runner:

To exceed the speed of light by running I think you'd either be folding space with the Holtzman Generator or engaging the Improbability Drive. But neither leads those time warping tachyon particles the Borg use, sorry.

With no machete of reason could I hack a trail for wanting to run into myself. I’ve misused the starships time dilation device loads of times to sneak another weekend in or have another pint at lunch time, but never have I run around the block to kick myself up the ar$e.:)

you will need to train in switzerland. get in the tube and when you can outrun the various particles that are bombarding your arse, then you are ready to proceed with your experiment.

upload_2018-6-3_9-30-52.jpeg

If you do manage to go fast enough - tell your other self to stop posting the inane caveman drawings THEN time travel would be worth it!
(Exclusion clause - I love you @elsparko )

Obviously a bit slack on the old H+S protocol in Toblerone munching land - me thinks!
There's an interesting story of one of the scientists working in the collided had his head in the path if the proton beam as it fired up. He survived, just.
If that incident made him into a superhero what would his powers be?

Boy 1;- My dad's so fast, he can kick a ball at one end of the football pitch, run down and save it from going in the goal!

Boy 2;- My dad's so fast, he can throw a cricket ball, run down to the wickets and hit it with his bat!

Boy 3;- My dad's so fast, he works for the council!

Boys 1 & 2;- Huh?

Boy 3;- Yeah! He finishes work at 5 o-clock, and he's home by half 3!

If you understand and agree with the laws of physics then the question could never be actually answered, if a particle with mass tried to get to the speed of light then its mass rises precipitously so by the time it get to that magic figure it would be of infinite mass and require infinite energy to move it which means there is not enough in the universe, in answer to this then you would have to change the laws of physics to achieve it thus our understanding and logic on the matter would dissolve and without difined theories and laws to guide us we cannot guess the outcome.
The laws of physics stops this from ever happening and so would logic in that sense hence theoretically there are too many problems with actually going back in time and seeing yourself although travelling into the future is and has be shown to be possible by simple changing how time moves for the observer.

Obviously a bit slack on the old H+S protocol in Toblerone munching land - me thinks!

If that incident made him into a superhero what would his powers be?

After just quickly looking the incident up, it wasn't at CERN, it happened in the soviet union in the late 70's.

Half of his face paralysed, lost his sense of smell and has suffered seizures the rest of his life.

Some could say he was still lucky, it was estimated he received a dose of radiation far higher than should be fatal, doctors believe that as it was such a narrow path of radiation through his head is the reason for his survival.

After just quickly looking the incident up, it wasn't at CERN, it happened in the soviet union in the late 70's.

Half of his face paralysed, lost his sense of smell and has suffered seizures the rest of his life.

Some could say he was still lucky, it was estimated he received a dose of radiation far higher than should be fatal, doctors believe that as it was such a narrow path of radiation through his head is the reason for his survival.

As it happens, I’ve been trawling through the archives to find some information about MRI scanners for Pete999’s Chernobyl thread but to no avail. I did however come across a study that found that no woman has ever shot her husband while he was doing the dishes. I wonder how many partials they had to smash together to find that out? Anyways, I did come across the story of Anatoli Bugorski who was working on the U70 synchrotron when he stuck his head in the path of a proton beam. He saw a flash of light brighter than a thousand suns but survived the ordeal. That is one way of turning yourself into a human guinea pig I suppose. I hate to think the kind of tests they performed on him over the years. Mind you, the bragging rights will have turned him into a Soviet hero.

As it happens, I’ve been trawling through the archives to find some information about MRI scanners for Pete999’s Chernobyl thread but to no avail. I did however come across a study that found that no woman has ever shot her husband while he was doing the dishes. I wonder how many partials they had to smash together to find that out? Anyways, I did come across the story of Anatoli Bugorski who was working on the U70 synchrotron when he stuck his head in the path of a proton beam. He saw a flash of light brighter than a thousand suns but survived the ordeal. That is one way of turning yourself into a human guinea pig I suppose. I hate to think the kind of tests they performed on him over the years. Mind you, the bragging rights will have turned him into a Soviet hero.

This is the same incident I was referring to, I don't believe many if any other person has been struck by a proton beam from a super collidor.

Reply to if i could run faster than the speed of light... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net