CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss if you hadnt become a spark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

megaman83

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

what other jobs would you have fancied if you hadnt have chose to become a spark?

i wanted to be an architect until my art teacher told me if i really tried hard the remainder of my 5th year at secondary school i could manage a grade E.

enough said, down the sparky road i went!

also wanted to be a fireman up until quite recently too.

but my site foreman reckons i just like to start fires not put them out!
he gave off cause i burn all my cardboard at every oppertunity:p

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
J

johnnyb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just before i left school i was a a family do in Blackburn where upon this old guy was asking, son what you going to do for a job, as i am due to retire soon, he gave me the best advice that anybody has given me in that he said, son be a Solicitor print money son, get yer head down study and in a few yrs you will have made it. I didn,t listen and i am 50 now, and still climbing bloomin scaffolding etc.

G

Guest123

Deffo fireman, ever since I could talk I wanted to be one.

Trouble was I hated school so left at 16 and the minimum age for joining the fire service was 18 so needed to find something to fill 2 years.

That was 12 years ago and here I am. I have to say I wouldn't change it for the world now, love the job too much (sad I know):eek::D

K

kung

I always wanted to be a lumberjack ! (monty python)

i did my work experience with BT and was all set to do that, but they didnt take people on till the sept and i thought if i missed that it would be to late for anything else,i thought "wires is wires" ill try to be a sparks , now done 19yrs.

Last edited:
part time lollipop man and full time xbox player

S

Sparky-Tom

Archeologist, but I needed some money... Got an apprenticeship and here I am 5 years later! Love my job! Wouldnt change it for the world!:D

A

Andy Smith

Marine biologist would have been my choice. Didnt know it at 16 thou !

N

not clever

Deffo fireman, ever since I could talk I wanted to be one.

Trouble was I hated school so left at 16 and the minimum age for joining the fire service was 18 so needed to find something to fill 2 years.

That was 12 years ago and here I am. I have to say I wouldn't change it for the world now, love the job too much (sad I know):eek::D
Lenny why don't you look at becoming a retained fire fighter?

Me I wanted to be a game keeper, but it's one of those jobs that's hard to get into as an outsider because they are handed down through family generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrSkipsey

Same as Andy I wanted to be a marine biologist. This started from when I was about 7. Wanted to swim with sharks and study them.
Now, Id be happy to become a scuba diving instructor - only another £3000 and 6 months training to do it.

Been saying that for 4 years!!!!

Mike.

M

Mac

Wanted to join the RAF as an aircraft electrician like my dad.Passed exams and medical and then fluffed interview with an officer.:(

scotsparky

-
Arms
:DMac i understand calling them crabs isnt a good thing:D

K

KNIPEX

i would love to be a police officer, would feel like a back wards step now though, all that learning and probation stuff :(

scotsparky

-
Arms
mac worked on raf base in falklands for 4 years what can i say about RAF there???? Easy life!

M

Mac

mac worked on raf base in falklands for 4 years what can i say about RAF there???? Easy life!
Lived on a base in Germany.Always something going on there.Wouldn't mind going to the Falklands to work.Nothing there mate that's why it's an easy life;)

scotsparky

-
Arms
Mac the facilitys mob is desperate for sparks down there they cant get anyone £27,000 a year tax free (if you stay out for a full finantual year) 6months there 4 weeks holls the work is easy as all surface.

However the management are useless.

Maintenance Electrician - Falkland Islands - Uk Wide, UK Wide | Careers Seeker - The online jobs network

Reply to if you hadnt become a spark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom