• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss If You Have A Tumble Dryer Read This in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
This thread displays to me how often I do the laundry. We have had our dryer for a couple of years now. I had to go check what brand it was just now because I had no idea.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
ours is a creda. got it from the council tip in 2008 for a donation to the lads' tea fund. been running fine ever since.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
Corrected the typo for you mykey.

jackhammerJIM

Regular EF Member
Solution :

All appliances shall be housed in an amendment 3 kitchen unit made from a non combustible material .

Examples of non combustible materials i STEEL
ii CONCRETE
iii ASBESTOS
iv TITANIUM
v DIAMOND
vi TUNGSTEN CARBIDE
vii MUD
viii SHYTE

Last edited:

malcolmsanford

Electrician's Arms
Her who must be obeyed at all times decided that she was fed up with clothes horses around the house in winter a bought a tumble dryer. Being the tight wad I'am I ignored it for a month and it sat unused in the utility room, which her who must be obeyed made room for.

After the battle of attrition that I won her who must be obeyed asked "Is that going to sit there forever". I replied but darling we need to vent it and my core drill is not working, I'll ask one of the lads to use their's

The was a 2 fold answer

(i) I hate drilling 4" holes in a wall
(ii) Do you know how much it takes to run a tumble Dryer. Especially as no 3 daughter who is still at home will put it on for a pair a kecks!!!

So the plan was, by the time all this would be settled it would be summer and no need for the dam thing.

Came home and into the kitched to hear the unmistakable whirrr of said tumble dryer...............so before I went mad out I go, sneak a look behind it and no vent...but a pair of tights over the vent outlet, secured by rubber band ..........

To me met by a smug her who must be obeyed telling me ...............isn't the internet a wonderrful thing

So I may use this thread to get the dam thing switched off !!!!

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
ha. my lad's girlfriend bought one last week. he's had to feed the leccy meter with £20 in 4 days for the beast. sheesh.

B

Barry White

Solution :

All appliances shall be housed in an amendment 3 kitchen unit made from a non combustible material .

Examples of non combustible materials i STEEL
ii CONCRETE
iii ASBESTOS
iv TITANIUM
v DIAMOND
vi TUNGSTEN CARBIDE
vii MUD
viii SHYTE
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: theres a stain on my shirt now where I spat out my coffee :cuss: couldent hold it back:hurray:

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
My local launderette washes, dries and folds my clothes for about a tenner.
It's tax deductible as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.