Discuss iGuzzini LED / EM / 3W in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Evening,

Has anyone had any dealings with the above?

We have 4 in a corridor on 1 lighting circuit.

The fittings are supplied as a maintained fitting but have a recommendation to only switch occasionally. I have wired as non maintained, there double insulated fittings so just a L&N at each fitting.

The green status LED lights but so does the lamp. I called their technical who said charge for 24 hrs see if they turn off, just wondered if anyone has seen the same thing?

Ross

There are 2 switch wires on these,you have to connect them up before fitting them to find out which one will make it a non maintained fitting.

Hi Dillb

There are, black labeled un-switched, which is connected and Brown labeled switched. I did try just connecting to Brown but the fitting was dead.

You defiantly didn't have the fittings lit whilst they charged? Did sound like a just clear the call answer to me!

Depends on the fitting, they're are 2 lives as the OP stated so trial and error connecting them up unto. They work as you need them too.

Hi Tiny Spark,

If your lucky you never will see them!!

I had a go at that but it just puts power to the switched side so they stay lit.

I think there might be a faulty fitting. Even though we don't require the switched function all the EM fittings have 3c&e. Everything is wired in at the fittings and at the JB the I just terminated the sw wires. I just took a voltage reading and there is 47v between the sw cable and N. I'm thinking maybe that's enough for them to switch on. I've disconnected the SW cable at each fitting and the lights are out.

Nice looking fittings, just a bit of a nightmare to get working. Not helped that it's a 400 year old building, not easy to get to each one!

Cheers for the suggestions!

Reply to iGuzzini LED / EM / 3W in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net