Discuss Ikea Cooker and Hob Explain please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

So i have turned up to a job and this information is all i have on how to fit a cooker and a hob.

Am i right in saying these to can be connected to a 6mm wire with a 45a switch for the hob and a 16a switch for the cooker?

Thanks

I would feed the oven on 16a through a dp 20a switch
And feed the hob on a 40a circuit using a 45dp switch

If you want them to look the same side by side use 2x45a dp switch

* if you use a fuse spur instead or plug and socket use good quality Hagar ect

6mm wire?........and not being funny if you dont know how to connect this oven and hob then leave it alone........are you a sparky?

Reply to Ikea Cooker and Hob Explain please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have bought a cooker with a ceramic hob which has a warning light to show that the top is hot, the light goes out when the hob cools down. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, searched the forum but cant locate anything similar so apologies if ive missed something. Ive got a new hob to install in the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
I’m going to call an electrician out on Monday, but curious if anyone has any ideas about this fault: I have a new kitchen fitted and two...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock