Discuss ILA -Individual Learning Account- £200 towards courses for low income/unemployed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello
if anybody on here is earning less than £22,000 a year at the moment or unemployed just now, you can claim something called an ILA (Individual Learning Account) this is available in the whole UK and is £200 towards any college course or ticket that you want to do (as long as the college or training company is listed on the ILA website) it can be used towards the cost of short electrical courses as well as all kinds of other courses, and your relatives can claim this for themselves as well...you can get one allowance every year for different courses....

Google ILA Individual Learning Account (or type in ILA 200 UK) and it will come up....

cheers

grantr37

Hello
if anybody on here is earning less than £22,000 a year at the moment or unemployed just now, you can claim something called an ILA (Individual Learning Account) this is available in the whole UK and is £200 towards any college course or ticket that you want to do (as long as the college or training company is listed on the ILA website) it can be used towards the cost of short electrical courses as well as all kinds of other courses, and your relatives can claim this for themselves as well...you can get one allowance every year for different courses....

Google ILA Individual Learning Account (or type in ILA 200 UK) and it will come up....

cheers

grantr37

This is not available to everyone. I hold a degree so am deemed to be ineligible to get this now. I used to be able to get it however they changed the rules last year.

IMPORTANT NOTE
THE INDIVIDUAL LEARNING ACCOUNT PROGRAMME CLOSED ON 23 NOVEMBER 2001

The Individual Learning Account (ILA) programme launched nationally in September 2000. By October 2001 it had 2.5m members registered as eligible to undertake subsidised learning. Some 9,000 organisations registered as learning providers.
The Secretary of State announced on 24 October 2001 that the programme was being suspended from 7 December 2001 due to evidence of abuse by a small minority of providers.
After further serious allegations of potential fraud and theft involving ILAs, it was decided on 23 November 2001 to shut down the programme immediately.
We continue to seek the recovery of any payments made on accounts that do not comply with the rules for the programme.

this is the only info i could find unless there is a new ila ?

still going, even europeans working here have been claiming it, it was going in England 2 years ago when I checked there, and its still going here in Scotland, can get £200 for part time courses or £500 a year towards long courses such as HNC...

Reply to ILA -Individual Learning Account- £200 towards courses for low income/unemployed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net