Discuss I'll start this week's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

trev

Nick Clegg has today admitted that the current policy towards recreational drugs is a fight that successive governments have been losing for years and this situation is unlikely to change. For once I agree with him.
I say that recreational drugs should all be legalised for the following reasons-
Many people are harmed each year because dealers are not bothered what they mix with their crap to dilute it, if the trade were controlled then the purity could also be regulated. This would reduce strain on the NHS.
Tax could be generated from sales creating an income of many millions if not billions annually.
Profits from the trade end up in the hands of major criminals, legalisation would take this revenue out of criminal hands and put a lot of them out of business.
I hate to mention the T word but funds from the drug trade have been linked to terrorist groups over the years.
Over to you my learned friends for your opinions.

He also said he'd do this if elected - so no problem there then - as a Liberal majority is NEVER going to happen.

Ok it's a hypothetical situation but would you support legalisation? If not, why not?/vice versa.

We could learn a lot by looking at what our Dutch friends do.

I'm all for a more "legal" approach to soft drugs - but I'm not sure thats going to happen! The same could be said for red light districts!

So where do you draw the line between soft and hard (fnarr fnarr Ooo err missus)

i agree with you, trev, for the very same reasons. legalise heroin on prescription, make the users pay a sensible price , take it away from the drug dealers, and make a profit that could be used to treat cancer and other ailments that are not self-inflicted.

I'd free up the lot Tel, weed, coke, smack, Es, everything. Tax it because there's a shed load of potential revenue which as you say can be better used than to make south american crooks rich

can't agree more. you just have to look a prohibition in the USA in the 20's. , blair's handgun ban following dunblane. it's easier to get a gun now than it ever was, but through the criminal fraternity, rather than legit.
we do need to be careful how far we go, though. legalising geordies would be a disaster. :38:

We could learn a lot by looking at what our Dutch friends do.

I'm all for a more "legal" approach to soft drugs - but I'm not sure thats going to happen! The same could be said for red light districts!
"Districts", nail on the head. Agree with every thing in post 1, but as our Cloggy brethren do, have a town quarter where you know what you are going to be exposed to. Anybody who objects, hey! Don't go! Let the immoral majority get on with it.

Tel you need to catch up a bit mate, there was a late amendment to the 1603 Act of Union which recognised us as a distinctly seperate race from the rest of the country. An Ubermensch if you like King James deliberately kept it on the down low because he didn't want to annoy the sweaties by making them appear to be second class citizens.

afaik, most street walkers are controlled by pimps who supply them with heroin etc. legalise it, in regulated houses. regular medical checks, tax on earnings, everyone's a winner.

Class of drugs:-
(taken from DrugScope | DRUG INFORMATION | Drug laws )

The laws controlling drug use are complicated. The Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) regulates what are termed controlled drugs. It divides drugs into three classes as follows:
[h=4]Class A:[/h]These include, cocaine and crack (a form of cocaine), ecstasy, heroin, LSD, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth), magic mushrooms containing ester of psilocin and any Class B drug which is injected, such as, for example, amphetamine.
[h=4]Class B:[/h]These include amphetamine (not methamphetamine which is class A), barbiturates, codeine, ketamine and cannabis.
[h=4]Class C:[/h]These include anabolic steroids and minor tranquillisers. Also Khat.
Class A drugs are treated by the law as the most dangerous. Offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act can include:

• Possession of a controlled drug.
  • Possession with intent to supply another person.
  • Production, cultivation or manufacture of controlled drugs.
  • Supplying another person with a controlled drug.
  • Offering to supply another person with a controlled drug.
  • Import or export of controlled drugs.
  • Allowing premises you occupy or manage to be used for the consumption of certain controlled drugs (smoking of cannabis or opium but not use of other controlled drugs) or supply or production of any controlled drug.
N.B. Certain controlled drugs such as amphetamines, barbiturates, methadone, minor tranquillisers and occasionally heroin can be obtained through a legitimate doctor’s prescription. In such cases their possession is not illegal.
The law is even more complicated by the fact that some drugs are covered by other laws, are not covered at all or treated in an exceptional way under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Alcohol is not illegal for an over 5 year old to consume away from licensed premises. It is an offence for a vendor to knowingly sell to an under 18 year old. A 14 year old can go into a pub alone but not consume alcohol. A 16 year old can buy and consume beer, port, cider or perry (but not spirits) in a pub if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose. In some areas there are by laws restricting drinking of alcohol on the streets at any age. Police also have powers to confiscate alcohol from under 18s who drink in public places.

He is already on something isn't he?? he has to be

nick clegg is obviously on weed, as every time he speaks it's flob adob a dob.

I left in the Alcohol bit just for debate. Did you know that 14 year old can buy beer in a pub? I did'nt!

They can't, nor can a 16 year old.

Beer, port, cider or perry can be consumed by someone over the age of 16 whilst eating a meal and is under the constant supervision of someone over the age of 18. The alcohol must be purchased by the adult who is responsible for the supervision of the child/children whilst eating their meal.

They can't, nor can a 16 year old.

Beer, port, cider or perry can be consumed by someone over the age of 16 whilst eating a meal and is under the constant supervision of someone over the age of 18. The alcohol must be purchased by the adult who is responsible for the supervision of the child/children whilst eating their meal.

Yes, sorry it does say 16 and not 14.

The statement of:- " if having a meal in an area set aside for this purpose." The purpose of eating or the purpose for 16 year old to order drinks? Cant see many pubs setting aside an area for the latter.

Reply to I'll start this week's in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock