Discuss Illegal fuse box! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

zedess

-
Reaction score
Was on site today when the kitchen fitting brigade rocked up..5mins later i gets the call..kitchen fitters/electrician wouldnt do any electrical work in the kitchen..the fuse box was illegal!The consumer unit had been changed just over a year ago,and the guy had fitted a 16th split load board, two lighting circuits on non rcd side but everything else on rcd side. I pointed out to the kitchen faggots that since they were only doing kitchen sockets ..and they were rcd protected they should be ok..no way hose ! they wanted this sparkys guts..illegal ! illegal ! and off they trotted well pleased:rolleyes:

ha ha .no im doing the bathroom lighting and fan..i should have been the one complaining!!!....ill just stick an rcbo in take the money and run..after test of course!!

this is another example of LITTLE Knowlage goes a LITTLE way but still creates crud like this and Client hearing guy from BIG firm ( kitchen one ) say that its Illegal Undermines YOu a fully qualified electrician asd people seem to accept the word of BIG firm not oneman band
Were these muppets qualified JIB /SJIB? Ect ect or just another half scope cover thinggy ??

Depends if the lighting circuits where in conduit etc.... Circuits not in bathrooms. There could be many a reasons why they are not RCD protected.

Kitchen fitters do my nut!

Why is it there are "qualified" people who don't know the difference between illegal and non compliance with the regs, may be it's down to poor training and fast track courses but this illegal thing seems to be the norm nowadays. Or is it illegal costs the customer more to sort out than a non compliance

ok..so the spark fitted a 16th ed board instead of a dual 17th board, but all socket outlets are rcd protected as well as the cooker shower etc, the two lighting circuits are not rcd protected,there may be a fault on them or they may be no cpc on them ? but it boils my **** when sum kitchen ------ 5day wonder from a BIG kitchen firm" cannot do any work on that darling..its illegal".... and the customer is straight on to rouge traders....help! help! ive been done by one of them cowboy electricians... through one trouble making dick head .

Reply to Illegal fuse box! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net