Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss I'm currently an EE college student. Need to ask 6 interview style questions regarding workplace writing requirements for EE's in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

SairaJoy

SairaJoy

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Current EE college student with questions for advanced technical writing assignment. (I am supposed to interview an Electrical Engineer about workplace writing expectations/requirements)...

1 - On a daily basis, how much time/energy do you spend on writing/producing documents?
2 - How often do you share responsibilities with coworkers in producing work related documents/writing?
3 - Did you feel that you were fully prepared to write the types of documents your current work-place requires at start of hire? Why/why not?
4 - What has been your biggest challenge and greatest strength when completing tasks which require writing?
5 - Which tools/apps does your company use in the workplace for writing?
6 - Have you become more confident in your writing/written communication skills since starting your EE career?

Last edited:
Aico 3000
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Current EE college student with questions for advanced technical writing assignment. (I am supposed to interview an Electrical Engineer about workplace writing expectations/requirements)...

1 - On a daily basis, how much time/energy do you spend on writing/producing documents?
2 - How often do you share responsibilities with coworkers in producing work related documents/writing?
3 - Did you feel that you were fully prepared to write the types of documents your current work-place requires at start of hire? Why/why not?
4 - What has been your biggest challenge and greatest strength when completing tasks which require writing?
5 - Which tools/apps does your company use in the workplace for writing?
6 - Have you become more confident in your writing/written communication skills since starting your EE career?
Hi Sairajoy
Welcome, not really sure of what you are asking, is your question to comment on the 6 questions you have posted, or add some questions of our own?

SairaJoy

SairaJoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Sairajoy
Welcome, not really sure of what you are asking, is your question to comment on the 6 questions you have posted, or add some questions of our own?
Hi Pete999! Thanks for your response. I am looking to have the 6 questions answered by an Electrical Engineer. I want to get a sense of the writing requirements (emails, etc) that Electrical Engineers have to complete in the workforce - I hope that makes more sense? Sorry for the confusion!

Wilko

Wilko

-
Esteemed
Arms
Hi - here’s my feedback from my office days, fwiw :

1. Tech doc time 30%of work time.
2. Shared responsibility with 80% of projects / tasks.
3. Initial Preparedness Factor, guesstimated at 30%. When you start at a new company you will always be learning new technology and process. Even as an experience engr you just get quicker at closing these knowledge gaps.
4. Strength - will not quit, challenge - patience to understand the requirements properly.
5. Tools - Ha, that’s a good one :) .
6. Yes, practice makes for increased accuracy, speed and effect.

PEG

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
I would thank you,for your questions,then ask permission to collectivise the six,and answer them all,with one,short,interpretive dance routine...

Unconventional,i know...but i've yet to interview,and fail to get the position... ;)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to I'm currently an EE college student. Need to ask 6 interview style questions regarding workplace writing requirements for EE's in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom