Discuss I'm going to wait here until someone admits to purchasing them... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a minor gripe...In the mire on an emergency this week,and had to visit CEF as no-one else had a 240v 16a appliance inlet...on the counter is a variety box of twist-nuts. "New product,fella..." well,it's not..."BS numbered,tested and approved.." the sales minion chirps, "And who uses these in preference to other,superior products?" i ask, "Well,lots of electricians have been asking for them..." So,my question is simple. Who are you? And,in the eventuality of a professional coughing,get ready for the "why?" :stooge_curly:

Maybe there's been a big influx of American sparkies in the UK and the demand for twist on connectors AKA fireman's friends (not to be confused with Fisherman's Friends) has gone through the roof ;).

I use them quite frequently...Why?.....Not bad for sealing a partially used tube of silicon sealant or caulk.....honest!!!

Imagine taking a very large thimble, sticking it on the end of your knob and twisting it for a good few turns.
That's what those poor little wires are suffering.

Probably just as bad having a couple of 4mm screws tightenened to capacity on him......I'm not getting into soldered joints, crimping would be painful enough.:wilted_rose:

I found a lighting JB in a house which had been done with these. I guess it must have been a sample pack as there was one of every size or colour!

I replaced them all as a matter of principle.

Maybe there's been a big influx of American sparkies in the UK and the demand for twist on connectors AKA fireman's friends (not to be confused with Fisherman's Friends) has gone through the roof ;).
Wire nuts..........or just nuts in both senses.

A Wire Nuts ''FACT'', ..proven to be one of the major culprits of the many house and small commercial premises fires throughout the United States.... But still the American electrician will only ever purchase wire nuts, because that's all he has ever known!! It doesn't help matters when there is no requirement for testing domestic and small/minor commercial new installations or after alterations have been conducted...

Never came across them in the wholesales before and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night not knowing whether all connections are secure or not.. That Extra few quid for wagos or a crimp equivalent are the ones for me. Do it we'll do it once

I wouldn't trust them. When I was serving my time we used to find them and my mentor told me how crap they were. I can't imagine they've improved any and when compared to wagos they come up short every time.

Tidyboiler sucked a Fisherman's Friend a couple of weeks ago.

The trial starts 10:00am on Monday at Newcastle Crown Court..................

Reply to I'm going to wait here until someone admits to purchasing them... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net