Discuss I'm making a test directory listing and need input.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
This is the listing: Electrician in Berkshire | ABC Electricians Berkshire - Domestic Electrician Berkshire - https://www.electriciansforums.net/resources/electrician-in-berkshire-abc-electricians-berkshire-domestic-electrician-berkshire.149/

So you can see, it's got a review system, an extra tab (with phone number on - to help prevent bots scanning the forum for phone numbers), and that tab has website. When you make your listing, it has a drop down box for certification scheme, and currently I have in it:-

• I'm part of no scheme
  • NAPTI
  • NAPIT
  • NICEIC
  • IET
  • JIB
  • Select (Scottish)
  • SJIB (Scottish)
What other ones are there? And are the ones I've got even right?

(just leave this thread for discussion about that for now - other feedback will be sought for other bits in a thread of their own as the time comes)

Last edited:
So the new list would look like this then:-

• I'm part of no scheme
  • ELECSA
  • NAPIT
  • Certsure LLP under either brand NICEIC / ELECSA
  • Stroma
  • BECSA
  • OFTEC
  • Benchmark Certification
  • JIB
  • Select (Scottish)
  • SJIB (Scottish)
  • BSI - Still has a few according to this:Certification schemes - IET Electrical - https://electrical.------.org/bs-7671/building-regulations/part-p-england-and-wales/certification-schemes/
Do I need any more?
[automerge]1566988965[/automerge]
There is no IET scheme.
What does IET do then for the industry? They seem to rock with electrics on their website.

What does IET do then for the industry? They seem to rock with electrics on their website.

The IET are an engineering board. The members help influence the writing of the electrical regulations.

The IET are an engineering board. The members help influence the writing of the electrical regulations.
I see. So a bit like The Tile Association for the tile industry. TTA is made up of directors of companies within the industry though, so it's heavily biased toward what their company agenda is.

Is that the case with IET? Or is it independent to all companies who operate within the electrical industry?

I see. So a bit like The Tile Association for the tile industry. TTA is made up of directors of companies within the industry though, so it's heavily biased toward what their company agenda is.

Is that the case with IET? Or is it independent to all companies who operate within the electrical industry?

It should be independent, however there are member on the JPEL board that make final decisions that have financial ties to manufacturers.

The IET is a Chartered Institution (Institution of Engineering and Technology). Previously known as the IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers). The IEE was an electrical institution hence our Regalations which prior to BS registration was the IEE Wiring Regulations. As institutions merged it was decided the IEE served more disciplines than electrical hence the change.

No it is something different.
agreed. to join IET one needs to be a qualified professional electrician or engineer. to join niceic and the other cps schemes, one just needs to do a 5 week course in basic house bashing.

Reply to I'm making a test directory listing and need input.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock