Discuss I'm trying to find out why my breaker clicked in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

melinda.blount

Hi I'm trying to find out why my breaker clicked after a few mins on my ac unit out side and I also heard a loud piping sound what's going on plz help also my celling fan went off the sane time and won't come back on

Hi Melinda. I've made your question that you tagged on the end of an existing thread into a thread of its own for you.

Sounds like your A/C unit and ceiling fan are on the same circuit, as for what the pinging noise is sorry, can only hazard a guess the fan in your A/C unit is knocking on something, can't be sure I'm just guessing, stabbing in the dark.

Do you mean a popping sound
there may be a fault on the fan and this is possibly the reason the circuit breaker went off and was the popping sound from the Circuit Breaker
Either way you need to get an electrician to have a look for you I am sure someone of the forum who lives near you will be able to help

I don't think Melinda is UK based, with terminology used and the weather we have had so far this August you wouldn't need aircon, could be USA. If my air fare is covered I'll do it FOC.

Reply to I'm trying to find out why my breaker clicked in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views
I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 3phase shop in a high humidity area in (Hawaii) and I'm having some issues with low voltage on the single phase outlets on the 120v...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Last weekend I experienced a weird electrical fault with my 2010 Peugeot Boxer Van. A little background - the van is a 2010 Boxer 330 2.2 Short...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock