Discuss Immersion heating dual tarrif in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TheCodboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice. I very quickly looked at a job in an apartment block. It has a normal dual rcd board in and a, what i assume is an off peak board. The off peak is an old rewireable fuse type. It would appear that at some point there has been storage heaters in but now there is electric heaters fed from the normal board. The boost element is fed from the normal board and the bottom element that is fed from the off peak. The tails into the off peak look like they have been getting hot so I've isolated that board for now. I couldn't gain access to the communal meter room to see exactly what was going on. What would your opinion be about putting the bottom element on the normal board and fit a timer? Any advice would be welcome, Thanks!

Hi all, looking for some advice. I very quickly looked at a job in an apartment block. It has a normal dual rcd board in and a, what i assume is an off peak board. The off peak is an old rewireable fuse type. It would appear that at some point there has been storage heaters in but now there is electric heaters fed from the normal board. The boost element is fed from the normal board and the bottom element that is fed from the off peak. The tails into the off peak look like they have been getting hot so I've isolated that board for now. I couldn't gain access to the communal meter room to see exactly what was going on. What would your opinion be about putting the bottom element on the normal board and fit a timer? Any advice would be welcome, Thanks!
Needs further investigation mate, type of storage heater? Sounds like dual tariff heater the main element should be off peak and the balance element on peak seems like you have it wrong way. Get your head in the book for storage heaters not always straight forward

Reply to Immersion heating dual tarrif in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock