Discuss Immersun faulty, VO? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

marc8

-
Reaction score
hi all just want to check this set up.

have 17th edition board (already installed)

have main switch then a VO on one circuit (hold fire read rest), 2nd breaker immersion circuit.

then first RCD unit which is fed via VO unit has half the house on it.

then next rcd that has some sockets on it & PV (3 circuits total).

installed immersun on system with wired clamp as tails enter board for CT clamp.

turned on immersun all flashing away ok for a week.

customer said that they woke early in morning & found alarm clock in bedroom not working, went down reset board found that immersun not working either, pressed reset on rcd unit nothing, (rcd fused spur installed by me for independant circuit protection) fused had blown & also taken out breaker they replaced fuse & reset light on for second then off again. i tested immersion all ok replaced RCD unit, immersun is blowing fuse & circuit breaker.

set up looks ok.

on another job.
previous to this with new immersun straight out of box (new type) had fault on immersun unit saying back voltage present checked all connections & immersion circuit that i had already done on intial testing before immersun was installed. got to set up page went through it's cycle of self test on 3rd go then blew fuse. rang immersun technical & was told new units will not accept any back voltage (old units no problem) mentioned that i had checked circuit & put new fuse in system went though set up with tech online bang again.
tech guy said that the immersun unit could not regulate it's output voltage & therefor was faulty would need new unit
lucky had spare unit on board installed fine.

installed loads of first units only had couple out of about 50-60 units, installed maybe 10-14 units now on second issue lot of money just to carry spare incase. also immersun are repairing units & sending out again.

anyone else had similar problems, or think there could be setup issue with immersun at top of post??

sounds like similar issues to the faults with the power reducer units, and they're using essentially the same technology, so................

not had any issues with immersuns as yet, but only installed 1 of the new ones so far.

Thanks to you both for response
i have spoken with technical today said immersun set up is fine as it is fed before the vo unit & same with the solar PV, think it could be surge when power cut happened, as they had to reset clocks in morning

Reply to Immersun faulty, VO? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock