Discuss Imperial pyro advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Can anyone identify what this is and what its current carrying capacity should be? Being a sprightly 41 imperial sizes aren't my thing and I can't find anything on the net.

2 core pyro about 13mm diameter, gland marked 465, seems to be about 10mm-ish equivalent.

Backstory if you want it is electric board have condemned the setup which is 4x pyro service head to meters on floor above, then pyris from meter to flats. I'm still trying to ascertain exactly how much is "condemned" as if these pyros are no longer good for 60 amp that's half the flat conversions in London!

Imperial pyro advice IMG_20191004_114847679 - EletriciansForums.net
Imperial pyro advice IMG_20191004_114855816 - EletriciansForums.net

Can anyone identify what this is and what its current carrying capacity should be? Being a sprightly 41 imperial sizes aren't my thing and I can't find anything on the net.

2 core pyro about 13mm diameter, gland marked 465, seems to be about 10mm-ish equivalent.

Backstory if you want it is electric board have condemned the setup which is 4x pyro service head to meters on floor above, then pyris from meter to flats. I'm still trying to ascertain exactly how much is "condemned" as if these pyros are no longer good for 60 amp that's half the flat conversions in London!

View attachment 52903
View attachment 52904
Leaving the MI aside, I would guess that the state of those pvc/pvc entries are suspect, along with the cables connected into the Henley blocks (Mechanical OVC cover stripped to far)
I would guse you would need some information from a MICC manufacturer to enable you to assess the cable size. That's one rough old install you have there Teddy.

465 is the imperial outer dia in thousands of inch so = 0.465in (note 469 is the same)
In the table below comes out to equivalent of 2 x 6.45sq.mm cores rated at 56amp.
(spent too long searching, Westward beat me)

Attachments

• Pyro specs imperial .pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
I'd recommend one of the old MI handbooks for information on all types of MI cable. I also have the Pyrotenax version that I keep in the van. It has very detailed information on installing, testing and repairing MI cable.
Imperial pyro advice book - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Imperial pyro advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock