Discuss In need of some information on a course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jonboy79

In the local paper there is a course being advertised as ' Electrotechnical technology - level 2 ' It's a two day a week course from 6-9 for 34 weeks. After googling it appears to be the C&G 2330. As not having previous electrical experience, only that i have learned whilst looking for diy projects i don't feel i'm ready for the level 3. My aim/goal would be to do this and then to find a job as a sparkies mate for a company and then for them to give me on hand experience and the extra training to become a fully qualified electrician.

What is your thoughts??

Regards jon

at first it looks about right. not a 5week wonder course. what;s the cost?

sounds a bit more than the college courses. but not extortionate. your best guide on thnis is either widdler or sirkitbreaker. they know all the ins and outs of courses.

I've been told circa ÂŁ1800 for a similar course by my local college that I'm starting in september so seems reasonable enough. I say circa because fees are yet to be confirmed, but that was the ballpark figure they provided.

I've been told circa ÂŁ1800 for a similar course by my local college that I'm starting in september so seems reasonable enough. I say circa because fees are yet to be confirmed, but that was the ballpark figure they provided.
Hope it all goes well for you mate, is the course the same period of time or longer?

Cheers, good luck too if you decide to go for it!

I would assume its about the same duration, starts in September 3 nights a week for the full duration of the course which is the college year (students do have ridiculously long summer breaks after all!). Can't wait to get stuck in :)

I've been told it'll be 6-9pm 3 days a week over 1 year for level 2, then same again for level 3. Still waiting to hear what the actual qualification is though, as they said its a new one they've not ran before, but never stated what exactly it was!

I've been told it'll be 6-9pm 3 days a week over 1 year for level 2, then same again for level 3. Still waiting to hear what the actual qualification is though, as they said its a new one they've not ran before, but never stated what exactly it was!
Seems strange you will be having a extra night a week, hope you will not be learning more then me lol

The 2330 can be delivered in a few different pathways, depending on how the college specifically administers it. Thier only boundary is that they have to provide the necessary minimum guidance learning hours for the qualification.

It's the same with similar courses, 2396 and 2397.

Where I last delivered the 2330 it was delivered as Level 2 over two years - 2 evenings a week, or 1 day a week full time. The level 3 was a third year, again two evenings a week or 1 day a week.

The costs of these courses will vary from place to place, this is because of the funding that some colleges can receive for the courses - your best bet is to ring around and get some idea from others about how the training was at different establishments.
Funding was withdrawn at my college for the 2330 at the beginning of this year and all learners were told they were switching to the EAL and it would take another 2 years - this is because the college relied on the funding for profits.

So do be aware, that some colleges that appear cheaper may switch your course to suit the funding - unless you can get something guaranteed written down.

The 2330 can be delivered in a few different pathways, depending on how the college specifically administers it. Thier only boundary is that they have to provide the necessary minimum guidance learning hours for the qualification.

It's the same with similar courses, 2396 and 2397.

Where I last delivered the 2330 it was delivered as Level 2 over two years - 2 evenings a week, or 1 day a week full time. The level 3 was a third year, again two evenings a week or 1 day a week.

The costs of these courses will vary from place to place, this is because of the funding that some colleges can receive for the courses - your best bet is to ring around and get some idea from others about how the training was at different establishments.
Funding was withdrawn at my college for the 2330 at the beginning of this year and all learners were told they were switching to the EAL and it would take another 2 years - this is because the college relied on the funding for profits.

So do be aware, that some colleges that appear cheaper may switch your course to suit the funding - unless you can get something guaranteed written down.

Thanks for the informative reply. The college is the college of west anglia, not to sure if you have heard any pro's or con's etc.

yes widdler is correct

funding was changed last year due to cuts and torys etc

so its around ÂŁ1- 2K
the 2330 is due to be replaced it should have been already march 31st 2011 was last date of registration then they extended until july this yr
it was supposed to be phased out and the 2357 take over but it was aimed at youngsters and apprentices
and now its a sham and they are on about bringing in a new electrotechnical cert for replacement to take over the 2330
so dont know now when final date of registration is
or when new course comes out

I cant keep up with the numbers and have no idea of new course number try C&G website all info for electrical courses be on there

I just completed lv3 and college isnt what they make it out to be
getting experience with a spark will be more useful to back up the quals as they teach you very little practically

the old apprenticeships were beter jsut wish i had finished mine then wouldnt have had to live through last 3 yrs of trying to get relevent quals from all kinds of providers

good luck mate

Reply to In need of some information on a course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock