Discuss in the flat i rent at mo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
the cable feeding my cu looks like it is all in one, with one 10mm line , 6 x 15mm neutral and 4 x 4mm cpc,

now it seems like it aint a complete cable but i bet you it would of been awkward to fill the sheath like this...

anything to say knowledgable souls..

if i can find camera lead il upload in a min

split-con???

images

It’s split concentric. Whoever made it off wants shooting, it’s a mess!

Some heat shrink and it can make a nice job.

Last edited by a moderator:
would that be a code in a periodic inspection as doesnt have any mechanical protection, i,e single not in conduit/trunking or the likes of containment

Bit of a cacky termination TBH.

The other consideration with split-con is that it must be treated in the same way as T&E when it comes to additional protection & RCD's etc.

well theres no rcd on the supply side of this , mind you probably been in 20 years if not olonger

i was thinking as it over 3m it would require rcd protection... but suppose installed to differnt edition

The live and the two earth/neutral bunches should have heat shrink. Followed by a trifurcating boot shrunk over the cable crutch. So yes it deserves a code ? ? ? ?

Trifurcating, now there’s a word to play with :icon10:

Concentric cable is not a cable that most electricians would have any use for, or come accross too often, except seeing them at DNO service cut-outs. Which is why when they do need to terminate one, they tend to make a pig's ear of them...lol!!

so is reg 521.10.1 the one covering this, what code would you say id say c2

as for that word tony it comes up about artieries in the body

Reply to in the flat i rent at mo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net