Discuss IN TRAINING......need help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all im new here be nice lol, been given work to be done by college.....I need to write about an electricians role between clients, customers, major contractors, other services and site managers. need to write at least a 100 words on each and im struggling. has any one else been given work like this if so help please tia

think you need to get brain in mindless mode, assisted by some beer, then think of the sort of waffle you'd spout to clients, contractors etc.after a couple of pints. then get up to 10 pints for something to say to site managers.:D:D:D.

Think it more or less boils down to organisation and consulting.

A client may have a spec but its upto the electrican to advise on that.

Site manager will be managing different trades so they will need keeping upto speed on what stage your install is upto ie can walls and ceilings start been put in.

Other trades kind of cuts out the site manager communication between the two or multiple trades to ensure proper job completion. See it time and time again on initial verification when cables need checking etc but plaster board already up and now hiding everything.

Proberly alot more but just a start buddy.

Anything like this I find the best approach is to start writing down a few bullet points as they come into your head. Then group them into the right sections and you can expand on them later.

Not sure if that's much help, but it's a good way of breaking a large problem into a series of much smaller and easier to manage ones.

Ties in with why college want OP to write a essay about an electricians role. This coupled with ALOT of health and safety makes up alot of the NVQ of today.
IN PLAIN SPEAK....too much bullsh1t and not enough productive work. one of the reasons i packed in site work(apart from the legs and back)..... must wear hard hat when all that's above is sky.... can't have sharp tools to strip cable, use teeth. .... cut the whole site off to fit a light switch... wear foot crippling boots that do more damage than having a rusty nail fall on your hoof..... gloves on your hands so you can't feel what you are trying to do. andonandonandon.

Last edited:
IN PLAIN SPEAK....too much bullsh1t and not enough productive work. one of the reasons i packed in site work(apart from the legs and back)..... must wear hard hat when all that's above is sky.... can't have sharp tools to strip cable, use teeth. .... cut the whole site off to fit a light switch... wear foot crippling boots that do more damage than having a rusty nail fall on your hoof..... gloves on your hands so you can't feel what you are trying to do. andonandonandon.

Dont forget the safety glasses to be worn at ALL times

Hopefully the OP will come back to us before the thread gets too de-railed :)

Where's he gone? I wanted to to my 'best of luck with it' joke. Do you see what I did there?

clients, customers, major contractors, other services and site managers
Well Clients and customers are the same and the role is to contract with them for a specified job. You could expand on that. Major contractors you would be working for thus your role is quite simple there. Other services...a can of worms there like plumbers painters chippies? Make sure you tell them when they can get electrocuted and how best not to i.e. H&S in the sense of keeping site safe for other services. Site managers, hmmm depends on what kind of person they are but essentially you will be avoiding them where possible and complying with them where you can't.

Hi all im new here be nice lol, been given work to be done by college.....I need to write about an electricians role between clients, customers, major contractors, other services and site managers. need to write at least a 100 words on each and im struggling. has any one else been given work like this if so help please tia
Tony the best I can tell you on big jobs with other crafts we are the ones that get our butts chewed out if things aren’t going right

Reply to IN TRAINING......need help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock