Discuss In your opimions what is the meanest looking post WW2 jet fighter? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Having been up in one My choice is the McDonnel Douglas F4 Phanton, gives me the Heeby Jeebies just looking at it, whats your choices?

The F22 Raptor looks quite menacing. As we move into 4th and 5th gen fighrers a lto of the curved edges are going and they look quite mean now.
Do like the Mig29.. something about its shape and look.
You may not like this @Pete999 but the US now use them as drones for air to air missile targets and other testing, at one point they had several dozen flying for various tasks!! converted by Bae systems, once they have all been shot down then the Americans will be using converted old F16s for target practice!
I believe the greeks and turks still fly the F4 and its variants. I think the Iranians have some still flying, not sure how air worthy though... Japan and South Korea I think have or are in the process of decommissioning them. when decommissioned they were usually sent back to the big Airbase in the desert at Tucson, Arizona where the americans mothballed them pending salvage for parts or conversion to drones. they have 1000s aircraft in storage there, quite a sight to see. some good tv shows and youtube videos about the place too.

The F22 Raptor looks quite menacing. As we move into 4th and 5th gen fighrers a lto of the curved edges are going and they look quite mean now.
Do like the Mig29.. something about its shape and look.
You may not like this @Pete999 but the US now use them as drones for air to air missile targets and other testing, at one point they had several dozen flying for various tasks!! converted by Bae systems, once they have all been shot down then the Americans will be using converted old F16s for target practice!
I believe the greeks and turks still fly the F4 and its variants. I think the Iranians have some still flying, not sure how air worthy though... Japan and South Korea I think have or are in the process of decommissioning them. when decommissioned they were usually sent back to the big Airbase in the desert at Tucson, Arizona where the americans mothballed them pending salvage for parts or conversion to drones. they have 1000s aircraft in storage there, quite a sight to see. some good tv shows and youtube videos about the place too.
Yes I know they are used as Drones, but they are the meanest Drones, I love em, spent about 20 mins in the back seat bloody fantastic, mind you if I had got a ride in a F22BI would choose that aircraft, but no it's the F4 for me.

Only just seen this thread. Why doesn't this area get included in the new posts??

Anyway, got to agree with the F4. Back in my modeling days (I really look good in a skimpy dress) I built quite a few versions. It's a stunning beast. I've also got a bit of a soft spot for the Saab Viggen - plane, not the car :) and for sheer agression how about the A10 Warthog.

Only just seen this thread. Why doesn't this area get included in the new posts??

Anyway, got to agree with the F4. Back in my modeling days (I really look good in a skimpy dress) I built quite a few versions. It's a stunning beast. I've also got a bit of a soft spot for the Saab Viggen - plane, not the car :) and for sheer agression how about the A10 Warthog.
Having the privilege of having back seat flight in an F4F4 I have to agree, Phantom for me every time

Reply to In your opimions what is the meanest looking post WW2 jet fighter? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net