Discuss Incoming headache!!! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cagedanimal2010

Hi all, hope your all well,
so i've been asked to quote a job for my local nursing home.
its a 45 bed place, with a 3phase 315A supply.
there now wanting to build 10 X 2 bed apartments, with there own kitchen, shower room etc. (i'm thinking 50/60A supply to each at least)
there wanting to come off the nursing home supply, i'm concerned theres not going to be enough juice. let alone the nightmare of glanding it off.
the electric board are giving me the run around and don't want to make an choices.i cant get an amp meter anywhere near the nursing home.
so if anyone has any input or an opinion (i wont hold you responsible lol!) i would be greatly appreciated of it!!!
:-D
Many thanks
Danny

stef

Regular EF Member
3 appartments on each phase ( one with 4 ) about 180 amp additional load, loads of dryers, washing machines in the nursing house, well could be a bot tight. Ask if you can have a look what appliances they hase so you could have a rough idea.

OP
C

cagedanimal2010

nursing house has, from the information i have received, a main cooking area, a floor of offices, a sauna spa area, a cinema, a laundry area. and then the rest which i assume doesn't pull alot.

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
At the risk of being ridiculed...just an idea.
If you can't monitor their current usage, would it be possible to see their recent electricity bills from which you could calculate a daily average?

snowhead

Respected Member
Mentor
Trainee Access
Diversity would apply, with all those showers etc the chances of all of them being in use at the same time is nill.

needasparks

Electrician's Arms
At the risk of being ridiculed...just an idea.
If you can't monitor their current usage, would it be possible to see their recent electricity bills from which you could calculate a daily average?
Thats a good idea but with that size supply would they not have done a deal on the bill as long as they don't go over a kva.
Most these will have a digital meter you can scroll through the usage on the CT, just a thought.

Agree with tel, think your looking at a new supply and already having a 315A coming off may mean a new tap of the transformer so may be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk