Discuss incoming mains supply under concrete in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what advice they would give in the folllowing situation.

The incoming 240v armoured supply cable to a property runs under an area set out for a small extension - so the finished floor of the extension will cover the cable by some 18 inches and at that depth there will be a backfill of hardcore surrounding the cable. Is this acceptable or should the cable be run in conduit and if so what type ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Topcat

Should be installed in 50mm black flexible electric cable duct which you can get from some builder merchants and electrical wholesalers.

If is straight concentric cable and already connected you will need to cut the duct along its length to get the cable in.

If its lead i would speak to the DNO and ask what the best course of action would be as you really dont want to be pulling that around too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks jason.

It's a standard steel armour cable. Splitting the plastic cable duct so I could get the cable in as you suggest seemed the only way but I was a bit worried with the duct being surrounded by crusher run
which has to be well compacted and covered with 6 " of concrete !!

I wondered whether there may be some form of concrete ducting available with a top that could be fitted after the cable had been layed in.

Topcat

Reply to incoming mains supply under concrete in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a repost of the initial in diy as the only potential diy aspect is the prep ahead of a qualified person attending, this is hopefully...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m after some advice, I am doing a restaurant fit out involving a number tables that have hot pots built into the table, for customers to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock