Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Incoming services becoming live? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

boss

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hey guys, nice forum by the way. This is my 2nd post I think but any way here goes.

In what circumstances have you dealt with or heard about (stories etc) have you found the incoming services to be live, such as gas pipes, water pipes? whats the possiblities.....

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rumrunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi
The incoming service are often live ,not sure quite what your asking ,if they wernt then it would all be a bit of a waste of time,.

have i missunderstood yer question?

B

boss

sorry, i've changed it, re read please

G

Grae79

lol....think he must mean gas/oil/water

R

rumrunner

hi
got it now ,no ive never come accross it ,is it possable?

B

boss

if it wasnt possible, then why should we bond them ?

A

alex

its so under a fault conditions your main earthing conductor fails its a secondary protection method to earth to ensure disconnection of supply.

S

solo2771

Hi all, If the bonding was not earthed to the main earthing point and there was a phase to earth leakage wouldn't that make the pipes, rads etc have a pd from the earth?
Paul

R

rumrunner

hi,
Only for a very short space of time, all service pipes are at earth potential ,so it would be a dead short.

S

solo2771

Surely if there is no earth path fr the current to take there will be a voltage in the bonding ie rads and pipes? or am I missing something?
paul

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Incoming services becoming live? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom