Discuss increasing supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

hi,im hoping someone can give me some advice.i usually only do domestic but i have a mate who is doing some work in a shop plastering,carpentry etc and has asked me to look at the electrics.the shop is to become a sun tanning shop and it is intended to install two sun beds each 63amps.i am told the existing supply in the shop is single phase and 80amp main fuse.i beleive the supply will need to be uprated to at least150amps possibly 200amps and i have told him they will need to contact the supplier to carry out this work.would they usually install a three phase supply and what will this involve and what would likely cost be,any advice greatly appreciated,thanks

Yes it is often the case that installations that have sun beds are fed from 3phase.
As for what is involved, depends on the existing supply.
It may be that the shop already has a 3 phase supply, and all that is required is for the electricity supplier to install a 3phase meter, and for an electrician to alter the installation which could be as simple as using the two spare phases to supply the sunbeds. One phase per bed.
However it could be the case that the shop is single phase, and to provide 3phases will entail gigging up the street to make a connection to the other two phases.

Reply to increasing supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I have started a new venture as a coffee shop owner and have gone out and bought my machine . Unknown to me the shop unit is not...
Replies
Views
Got an EV (Nissan Townstar EV) in my house, has a Zappi EV charger installed (by myself) and notified via ENA form to Scottish Power energy...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, I have 7 static caravans to connect which need to be connected via TT 1. All the vans have a 30ma RCD main switch internally...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 3phase shop in a high humidity area in (Hawaii) and I'm having some issues with low voltage on the single phase outlets on the 120v...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock