Discuss Indemnity insurance... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just another one....

Seem to be carrying out quite a lot of PIR's lately and have read before that it advisable to have indemnity insurance for this ?

Any thoughts/advice/prices please ?

Surley though if I test/date/certify a installation then it is only as good as when i tested it on that day.... wouldnt it be like if you'd just had your car MOT'd drove down the road and it blew up, you couldnt go back to the garage and sue them...?

Many Thanks,

Sy

up to a point. however, if you were to do a PIR and miss something which later caused injury or loss, indemnity insurance would cover you in case of court action.

Any idea on what sort of price I would be looking at for say £500,000 cover?

Might be worth getting some sorted I think, I do worry about these things. the last couple I done were on 400/500 year old thatched roof properties.

One of them with a very dodgy installation.

you should be able to get it tacked on to your public liability. if not try the meerkats

should get both for under £200 with £1000 cover on tools thrown in.

jus ad quote from company through napit 2million liability and 500,000 indemity, £175 all in an you get some tools insurance aswell.best ive found so far.u will get number on there website

I need to get pli and was thinking tool insurance and if cheap enough woill get the indemnity also
Short circuit was it a good deal as i will contact them

The quotes I was getting two weeks ago were averaging around £400 for some reason but this was using the likes of "Compare" etc.

Just received a quote for almost £80 with the free tool insurance offer too.

What a difference???

HI MKS I will give it a try thanks
short circuit mate do you have the company details as i need to sort it out soon as possible or is it the simply business one also

HI MKS I will give it a try thanks
short circuit mate do you have the company details as i need to sort it out soon as possible or is it the simply business one also

I just followed the first link supplied and carried out an online quote to the end.

I have realised thought that I only put 1 million cover and schemes want 2 million so I'll have to do another one :)

Reply to Indemnity insurance... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net