Discuss Indesit. tumble dryer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
says water container full but it's not. anybody got aa clue?

oops spell checker strikes. Indesit

Make and model, tel?

there must be a sensor to detect the water. Can you get to it to see if it’s dirty or blocked somehow.
i.m remote from it, it's my son's, 40 miles away. will ring him and find out.

Hi - don’t know this particular brand, but I have seen this problem before. In those cases it was the fish tank pump in the base of the machine that was gunked up. The condensate is collected in a reservoir in the base with a float valve, pump and a full switch. When it’s working normally the foot switch turns on the pump and it pumps the water up to the top tank. When the top tank gets full the newly pumped up water overflows out and back down into the base. When the base reservoir becomes full the full switch stops the appliance and reports the top tank is full. In your case the pump may be running but not pumping, or seized or some such, so the bottom reservoir is just full. Unfortunately it’s dismantle time to find, but the good news is it’s likely to respond to a cleanup.

Last one I took apart (forgot brand), all fancy gubbins lowdown at back. Had float of expanded polystrene like -delicate materials and flimsy covers ..
(that get on yr..t.ts) Switch above float sensed its rise !

says water container full but it's not. anybody got aa clue?

oops spell checker strikes. Indesit

Had the same problem on my hotpoint a few weeks ago, fluff from the condenser was in the pump bowl at the back of the machine causing the float to get stuck.

Watching this eSpares video is easier than trying to describe how to get the cover off, but he should only have to take the top white cover off to clear out the chamber.

Had the same problem on my hotpoint a few weeks ago, fluff from the condenser was in the pump bowl at the back of the machine causing the float to get stuck.

Watching this eSpares video is easier than trying to describe how to get the cover off, but he should only have to take the top white cover off to clear out the chamber.
thanks. sounds logical, Jim. advice passed on.

from waht he tells me, seems like the water is not getting to the tank and so is backing up and activating the float. told him to check for blocked pipe/s.

Has he checked his machine isn't in the mass recall?
have you got any details for that?

edit, just looked it up and it's to do with a faulty door catch. don't think it applies in this case.

have you got any details for that?

edit, just looked it up and it's to do with a faulty door catch. don't think it applies in this case.

Get him to check anyway as they could potentially have other issues - I checked mine last year and although it wasn't related to the issue for that particular recall at the time, they took it anyway to be safe. If the person has kids, that's got to be reason enough to check

Reply to Indesit. tumble dryer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock