Discuss Induction hob connection and switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

verar

-
Reaction score
My kitchen was rewired last year and I had the electrician run a cooker circuit "just in case" as I was using a gas cooker. He terminated it in a double socket. Now I'm redoing my kitchen and would like to fit an induction hob (7.4 kW) and a single electric oven below (2-3 kW).

The double socket is not appropriate anymore as the hob will be hardwired and most likely the oven too. I'd like individual switches above the worktop for each appliance, is this possible? I haven't seen double cooker switches on sale, except including a socket which I don't need at all as I've got plenty in place already.

Does the cooker switch rating matter? If it's 45 A and the fuse at consumer unit is 'only' 32A, it's the latter which will trip first? Most cooker switches are 45 A rated. I'm attaching a pic of the consumer unit - it says B32, does that mean the fuse is 32 A?

For the oven, I could run a 13 A FCU from a dual outlet plate or even a socket straight from it?

consumer unit.jpg

Hi - the cooker switch rating is to ensure it's sufficiently engineered to carry the load. It will never trip due to a fault. It's just a manual isolator and 45A rated ones are common. The MCB and RCD in your consumer unit may trip in response to fault conditions.

i can sort that out for you, unless there are members closer.

Reply to Induction hob connection and switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current oven is hardwired to a fused connection plate with a 13Amp fuse inside and power switch. That is then connected to the MCB labelled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
Hello hope you can help I have a single oven 2.4kw max and a ceramic hob 6kw max I would like to put then both on the same circuit so i was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock