Discuss Induction hob. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Okay how about a 4 pole RCD located to the side of the CUs and a 4 pole isolator located near the hob?

Okay how about a 4 pole RCD located to the side of the CUs and a 4 pole isolator located near the hob?
sledgehammer and nut comes to mind.

I give up if you cannot give a sensible answer why bother at all!!!

I apologise for my post, but you have been given the most sensible answer a while ago - you need an electrician.

IT'S A BLOODY HOB, ffs. NOT A DOCKSIDE CRANE. JUST INSTALL A SINGLE PHASE 32a CIRCUIT USING 6.0MM CABLE

Diversity , you have never seen my missus cooking. The hob has a total of nearly 16kw of cooking area but the load is limited by the hob to 11kw so the total current could be around 50A so a 32A circuit not exactly ideal. Hence my wanting to spread it over 3 phases.

I've never seen someone with a negative reaction score. I feel a bit sorry for him:(
Write something sensible or at least funny @Bogart and we can maybe get you into positive territory :)

Attached is a photo of my setup. I have been asking questions on another forum but keep going around in circles. The hob has a combined load of some 15kw but limits itself to 11kw ie around 50 Amps. Yes diversity is a factor but there is a possibility that it could draw 50 amps and I think that is a lot of load to put on one of the CUs, hence my 3 phase query.
So how about I install a 3 phase RCBO coming from the Henley blocks and a 3 phase isolator near the hob?

Induction hob. Supply - EletriciansForums.net

i'd start by removing approx 16 unnecessary yellow stickers.

I will help you as a diyer with small like for like appliance swaps or adding a spur. Things like that.

But,
You are into the realms of designing a new circuit and dealing with 3 phase.

This is beyond DIY.

By the looks of it you’ve got 10 circuits spread over 3 boards?......(you could probably do the lot on one board realistically if you did some calculations) why not just re-jig them slightly and feed the hob from 1 new rcbo.....50a if you feel the need but I doubt you’ll need it.
But bare in mind it is notifiable work so you’ll need a spark in a scheme :)

" bear", "bare" is naked, just a push from the spelling gestapo.

I thought @Pete999 ran that department :tearsofjoy:
as pirate will tell us, always bear to windward of the enemy. that way, when you set him on fire, it won't fry your sails.

Reactions: DPG
as pirate will tell us, always bear to windward of the enemy. that way, when you set him on fire, it won't fry your sails.
Wise words......I’ll remember that next time I go buccaneering :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Induction hob. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock