Discuss Industrial electric powered heaters in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Intoelectrics

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm pricing a job which includes a heating solution for a former small warehouse. The area that requires heating is approximately 400 square mtrs with suspended ceiling at around 2.5 mtrs high. the space is going to be used for light manufacturing where the workers will be sitting at stations working on small products.
The problem is there is no gas supply, but there is a 300 kva 3 phase electrical supply. Currently mounted in various places are some single phase 6 kw warm air heaters but they are totally inadequate for the job and do little more than take the chill off. They won't accept any sort of portable gas heating.
Can anyone recommend a suitable electric heater/s that will do the job of maintaining a comfortable ambient temperature?
Thanks

You need to have a Professionally designed scheme, not a few random heaters installed, otherwise you'll be paying out for extra heating when it doesn't do the job you will be quoting for.

You need to have a Professionally designed scheme, not a few random heaters installed, otherwise you'll be paying out for extra heating when it doesn't do the job you will be quoting for.
I have had heating professionals in before for large gas unit heaters and radiant gas heating. I agree this would be the most sensible approach and one I have already suggested and prefer to do. I was just inquiring to see what is out there on the market that might do the job. Again it is not just a costing exercise but one I'm interested in.
Thanks

The problem with infra red heaters, is that they warm what they hit, not the air itself - so technically from a staff welfare point of view, if the air temp was ever tested it would probably fall short of what is acceptable. Also, I assume over time the workers core temp would still reduce, even though their skin was warmed by the light.

Far better alternatives exist than electric, I'm sure if you convinced the customer to speak to a professional, they would do a good job of convincing them to go for gas/oil - over time it's going to be cheaper. It's also not going to tie up a big chunk of the supply to the premesis.

I have one of these in our workshop unit: Clarke Devil 7015 15kW Industrial Electric Fan Heater - Machine Mart - Machine Mart - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-devil-7015-15kw-industrial-electric-fa/?da=1&TC=GS-010415456&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_vOesKXl3gIVjMCyCh1qLAwPEAkYASABEgIhp_D_BwE which is fine as I probably use it only once a week during the colder months. If I needed to heat the place full time, I would certainly move over to gas/oil as the cost would be less, and the heating solution faster to warm up the space.

Our unit is around 1600sqf and the above 15kw 3ph heater gets it from say 10c overnight, to around 17c in around an hour - which is pretty comfortable for a workshop temp.

This is the kind of thing I would go for if I needed to heat my unit 5 days a week through the winter: Combat MOB15 47kw Oil Fired Warm Air Heater - https://www.wholesaleheaters.co.uk/combat-mob15-47kw-oil-fired-warm-air-heater/?sku=Combat%20MOB15&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsujZ46bl3gIVAuJ3Ch3iPQpbEAYYAiABEgIVT_D_BwE

Trying to achieve the same with electric heaters would require 100 amps 3ph load, one way or another. So you can see the £2k cost for the oil heater (plus installation) is pretty reasonable.

Reply to Industrial electric powered heaters in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock