Discuss Industrial opportunities? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

_gibbz_

hey,

sorry this is probably the wrong section and i apology i am just not upto scratch with using this site. I was just wondering, i have just complete my apprenticeship as an electrician on mostly commercial and domestic jobs, but i would preferably like to move over to the industrial ide of the job as I believe it has better job opportunities. I just wondered if anyone could help me with ideas of how to move across, for instance companies who would give me the opportunity.

Regards

there are loads of industrial companies up your way mate. search on google for these 2, Jacobs LES (used to be called LES engineering) and also SPIE-WHS, also known as smiths.

Hi
Im new site. I have a contract to install some fuel tank gauges into 17 odd generator systems and lots of other contracts besides. Some of the sites control wiring to the gauges is disimular and I rquire somebody qualified to take a look at them. The works are on the M4 corridor.
Its probable two weeks work. I have also some simple installation work in Derby.

Good rates and accomidation provided.

Thanks for sharing problem.
Your decision is right because in industry there are many oppertunties in this sector as compare to other sector . Other field limit the knowledge and oppertunties.

hey,

sorry this is probably the wrong section and i apology i am just not upto scratch with using this site. I was just wondering, i have just complete my apprenticeship as an electrician on mostly commercial and domestic jobs, but i would preferably like to move over to the industrial ide of the job as I believe it has better job opportunities. I just wondered if anyone could help me with ideas of how to move across, for instance companies who would give me the opportunity.

Regards

Yes,it's a great industry to get into mate,done me proud for nigh on 20 years.

Industrial control is my field and it's really interesting,reading diagrams,using the plc to find faults,pretty much something new everyday.

I did my apprenticeship pretty much based on this so I suppose I do have a slight advantage but it's not hard to get into and you need the basics of electrical principles anyway to determine whether it's short circuit,open circuit etc.

If you want I'll post some electrical diagrams up when I get back to work so you can see what's involved?

Reply to Industrial opportunities? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock