Discuss Industrial premises in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzz-light-bulb

Aye ups all,

Called to a mates job today to help out, the premises are gonna be a mechanics garage, which is a steel structure embedded in concrete, now I noticed that he's taken the supply for the new premises from the garage next door which is also owned by the customer, I'm assuming he's gonna carry on as normal and earth the steel structure from the new c.u in the garage. I have my concerns regarding earth potential

Aye ups all,

Called to a mates job today to help out, the premises are gonna be a mechanics garage, which is a steel structure embedded in concrete, now I noticed that he's taken the supply for the new premises from the garage next door which is also owned by the customer, I'm assuming he's gonna carry on as normal and earth the steel structure from the new c.u in the garage. I have my concerns regarding earth potential

Thank you for sharing that with us!!

Now this is probably a total guess, but going on the last statement in you post that GMES has highlighted I am going to say you will find the answer in GN8

Aye ups all,

I assume your "mate" is a qualified electrician and is taking responsibility for the installation? if yes then forget all about it and have a cup of ovaltine before bedtime.

I've just had one of those blank moments, suppose I'm just not upto scratch with industrial premises regarding earthing steel structures, would it be acceptable to bond from the new cu met block or would it need to be bonded back at the origin.

Well technically he's branching off the meter tails using Henley blocks into a fused isolator from there to the new c.u along with an adequately sized earthing conductor. Thanks Davesparks

Reply to Industrial premises in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net