Discuss industrial test cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

hi,i generally do domestic but have the opportunity to quote for a small industrial job.a mate of mine is the boss at a fabrication company and they have manufactured a steel cabinet to house pumps and equipment.the customer has asked for domestic services comprising of lighting and a frost stat heater to be fed fom a distribution board installed inside the cabinet.the job is quite straight forward and i intend to install a 4way metal cu with rcbo"s and run in metal conduit.my query is what test cert should i put on it as it will be connected to mains by the customer,all iam required to do is supply the cu and install the circuits. also what type of light would you recommend to be installed inside a steel cabinet.any advice greatly appreciated,thanks

As its a new circuit you will require an EIC test cert with Schedule of Inspections and Schedule of test results. You will need 2 schedule of test results one for the new CU and the other for the old CU. Distribution circuit.

im a bit lost here,the cabinet is brand new,nothing in it, to complete an EIC i would have to put a tempary feed to the consumer unit but the characteristics will be different when it is installed at the customers premisis,is this the normal way.i have not been asked to connect any feed to the consumer unit as this will be done by the customer

The chances are you are going to have to supply just a set of DEAD test results, I know that there are guidelines in the EN 60204 but I don't have a copy of it, maybe one of the industrial lads might have. Basically do an IR Polarity and continuity test and if there is a form that you mate uses, which I think he sohuld do, then fill it in

hello waynelester,
just a couple of questions,
have you designed the install? and is your friend an electrician? is there an agreement as to who is going to test the finished article?

hi,they have manufactured the steel enclosure for a water company to their specification.the specification also requires domestic services to the enclosure consisting of lighting and frost stat heaters and these are to be fed from a consumer unit to be installed in the enclosure and thats it,no wiring to the consumer unit.my query was testing and cetifing.if the system is not powered up the testing will be limited,ie continuity,insulation etc.if i used standard EIC then there would be a lot of information i could not fill in,ie pfc,supply parameters etc

Make up a small generic form of yours or the company with basically your DEAD tests on it. Depending on the client they may demand a certificate of conformity, but if's a small project then they most likely will not even want test results at all.

yes your quite right its a very small job and i suspect that when the unit arrives on their site there own electricians will finish the installation and install al the equipment they need to.,i just wanted to give something to say what i had done was fully tested

yes it is a small job and their electricians will finish the install when its on site apparantly there is a lot of equipment to be installed.i just wanted to supply a cert to confirm what i had done has been tested but am unsure what cert to use

Reply to industrial test cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net