Discuss Info on commercial pi please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gazzdid

Hi all
Looking for advice please my father in law has recently took over a cafe and has asked me to do some electrical work and issue an electrical cert for the whole cafe (periodic) I was hoping to do it myself for him for a song as he is only just feeling his feet but from reading other posts on here I'm guessing It'll have to be through the NIC or similar for the insurance is this correct? If so will it have to be through a full NIC registered company and not just a part P? I'm assuming this because it will be classed as a commercial premesis as opposed to domestic? I'm thinking he may have to get someone in and pay full wack but just wondering if any of you out there have any solutions?
I await your words of wisdom :)
Gazz

Have you spoke to the insurance company and asked them if they would accept a PIR from you?

Though you don't need any qualifications as such to prove competence, most insurance companies will accept proof of competence with the relevant qualifications. It is normally becasue of the NICEIC profile that companies use them as they believe it will proove competence.

I would ring the insurance company, highlight your qualifications and experience, that your a Part P registered contractor and ask them.

Hi all
Looking for advice please my father in law has recently took over a cafe and has asked me to do some electrical work and issue an electrical cert for the whole cafe (periodic) I was hoping to do it myself for him for a song as he is only just feeling his feet but from reading other posts on here I'm guessing It'll have to be through the NIC or similar for the insurance is this correct? If so will it have to be through a full NIC registered company and not just a part P? I'm assuming this because it will be classed as a commercial premesis as opposed to domestic? I'm thinking he may have to get someone in and pay full wack but just wondering if any of you out there have any solutions?
I await your words of wisdom :)
Gazz

Gazz, you can't issue a periodic inspection report to certificate new works regardless of competence.

You can issue a periodic inspection report for the existing installation but depending on the new works, they will have to be certificated by way of an electrical installation certificate or minor electrical installation works certificate.

If the supply is purely commercial and not shared with domestic use then Document P will not apply.

Whilst often insurance brokers, letting agents and even local authorities will initialy insist that whomever conducts a PIR, or carries out work requiring an EIC to be issued, is registered with some organisation such as the NICEIC or Napit. Usually upon further investigation, it will be determined that such is not actually the case.
I have only ever been registered with the JIB/ECS and the IEE/IET, yet have never had a certficate/report refused in over 20 years.

Reply to Info on commercial pi please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock