Discuss Information about OLCI in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JuniorSparky

I'm starting this thread so everyone can share what sort of actions have been taken. Obviously ERR are useless. Personally I'm going to citizen advice bureaux next week. Obviously we won't be able to finish our course, so I hope I can at least get my money back. I will try to contact City and Guilds about the situation and ask if I can finish just the parts I haven't done yet (I hope OLCI have submitted all the units I have passed! Not very optimistic about this though!)

if you have any information, you can hate it so everyone would know what to do!

In the same boat mate half way through level 3 no certificates or anything for units passed from olci why ERR took over the students I do not know, from what i can see they are only after the direct debits from all students without giving anything back a complete bunch of morons if you ask me infact con artists as they keep trying to take money but no course info or even a response on phone or email they are complete c*+ts ,theifs,fraudsters I am looking into doing my level 3 with another provider lost a lot of money due to these clowns and its going to cost me more money in the form of loans to get qualified now, pretty gutted and am going to citizens advice as soon as I get chance.

Guys, I've already suggested the best course of action for you all. There's a member called Alana Fox who used to work for OLCI, get in touch with her to see if she's still employed by the company that took over and set up a Q&A thread where all your questions can be asked once.
You're all making the same phone calls with the same questions over and over. If she doesn't still work for them you can ask a member of their staff to join here to answer you all.
You know it makes sense.

Thanks trev,

I've sent a message to Alana Fox, so we'll see when she replies :)

I spoke with citizen advice agent for legal advice. So basically it should be ok to get our money back, but she said it would depend of the units we have passed and if we can transfer them to another training provider or a college. Unfortunately colleges are in their break, so do you know any training provider I can talk and check if they will be willing to finish the last bits of the course with them and paying just for that?

I spoke with City and Guilds as well to check how many units OLCI have submitted to them (I have a bad feeling they didn't submit all my passed units). For now they said to wait a bit for response from ERR... I don't think I will get any though... and then I will get back on the phone with City and Guilds!

Does anyone tried to visit OLCI at the head office at 6 John Street and if there's anyone there?

First things first, this may sound harsh. You are not getting any money back from OLCI, they are an insolvent company IE. They have none and have ceased trading so it's pointless flogging that dead horse.
Carry on with trying to resolve this as best you can, if I can help (same with many others) I will but Alana is your best bet as a starting point. Find out if she's working for this ERR mob and we can all take it from there.

i sent an email to city and guilds to ask how many passed unit in their system . They told me " please ask new provider to contact us direclt as we unable to discuss results, or any information concerning your qualification due to data protection . The center should be making these enquiries on your behalf"

Hi xcsx,

Did you manage to get in touch with ERR? I told C&G I can't get in touch with them, they don't have a training centre in London and they don't offer level 3 certificates, so I can't finish my course with them! I have just sent an e-mail to ERR. I know they won't reply but I will wait a few days and give a call again to C&G. If you have no luck getting in touch with ERR, tell that as well to C&G. BUT try to phone C&G. It's better to speak in person. I didn't even get response to my e-mail

Alanha Fox, wasn't a woman it was a made up name to get people to respond to OLCI directly, the person behind it was a chap called Max however he is also out of the job so nobody is going to respond from OLCI anymore.

I have created a Facebook page to get us all organised and it's for former OLCI students who were transferred to ERR.

The page can be found here - OLCI/ERR Students

Get in touch with me via pm and i will invite you in if you want to join us.

Hello. I am also one of students of olci. I have almost completed my level 3 and now they are asking me to do them all over again. I am so ****ed off as I have been doing it for a year driving up and down the country and all for nothing! I have sought legal advice and was told to make a formal complaint to the company on SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES 1982... I am going to send it soon to them and see what they say.

Rocky, the company is bust mate. To all intents and purposes it no longer exists. Your legal advice is pretty shabby I'd say.
Get onto Drexyns FB list and act together. In the mean time what you could do is get onto City & Guilds or whoever the examining board were and ask them for advice.

Hi, Drexyn

I sent you a message if you can add me to the group or tell me the name of the group. I was going to get in touch with a legal representative, but it'll be better if we all go together!

Hi, Drexyn

I sent you a message if you can add me to the group or tell me the name of the group. I was going to get in touch with a legal representative, but it'll be better if we all go together!

Hi JuniorSparky,
i've been doing some research and googlesearch/the plumbers forum pointed me this way. i'm stuck in the same boat as you guys, if you are going down the legal route i would like to be included in that also. i was in the process of writing ERR a letter, but after reading all that i have done from this thread and a few others i think that it's a bit like p***ing in the wind...
Also Drexyn, if i could join that FB group of yours too that'd be good. i know i'm not an established member of this forum and jumping on the band wagon, but i'm finally glad to find that i'm not the only person having all this aweful trouble with these guys.
Thank in advance.

I saw it only after i'd replied. I'll have a propper read through and see what, if any solutions people have come to. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to Information about OLCI in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net