Discuss Infra red in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It all depends on the application , what are you looking at using them for ? And don't forget , you can also get radiant heater panels that do not glow that annoying red !

I have had a few quotes to supply 5 for my own home, but i think because they are newish to the general public there are some real jesters out there marketing them, well made me laugh ( probably the same cowboys that were selling fitted kitchens, bedrooms, or bathrooms in the 80,s for prices you could buy a small boat for, one quote came in at £5000 yeah I kid you not 5 grand, I can get them for around the £250 mark each and thats with one of the fancy mirror ones that my wife wants (in the bathroom )
Pict
PS We are talking about far infra red technology here not those big smoke lighters in the smoking shed

I have had a few quotes to supply 5 for my own home, but i think because they are newish to the general public there are some real jesters out there marketing them, well made me laugh ( probably the same cowboys that were selling fitted kitchens, bedrooms, or bathrooms in the 80,s for prices you could buy a small boat for, one quote came in at £5000 yeah I kid you not 5 grand, I can get them for around the £250 mark each and thats with one of the fancy mirror ones that my wife wants (in the bathroom )
Pict
PS We are talking about far infra red technology here not those big smoke lighters in the smoking shed

Pict , I am a little confused . What do you mean by far infra red technology ?

I was asking the same question to the wholesalers only last week as a customer has read somewhere these are the most efficient thing since the sun.

Not to genned up on the science but IR is emitted in various parts of the spectrum we get radiation from the sun with all the nasty bits filtered out in the atmosphere so we get mostly heat still can be nasty but the part of the IR spectrum that is used is is the far end of it which heats only solid matter not air so objects heat up without dependng on convected air currents and thats about as much as I know
Pict

Thanks , I had just googled it . They look like larger versions of those radiant heaters that I mentioned in a earlier post , not sure I would want them in my house though as I assume they will only heat a surface if it is in line of sight ? Also , I have seen the red glow type ones burn through a piece of 6"x4" when it was lent in front of it by mistake .

Reply to Infra red in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net