Discuss insert negative comments about Electrical Trainee here in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yet more negativity. Here's a thought - let's be positive about something rather than insult everyone. I feel sorry for anyone doing these courses and then coming along to this forum - it must be a right kick in the teeth for them.

OK, so it's not an ideal situation, but it's happening and it will continue to happen. Apprenticeships unfortunately are a more outdated concept now, right or wrong.

Tin hat, etc. Daz

jesus.
lighten up, the thread was started as an (obviously failed) attempt at a humourous reply to something robd said in another thread. i know it's miserable monday, but get a grip.

the only sad negative thing about the Electrical Trainee situation is that in recent years this seems the only way to get your foot in the door into our trade so to speak, hopefully in a few years apprenticeships and traineeships will be on the rise and then the Electrical Trainee will be the last option for someone interested in electrical installation

Maybe I should lighten up. Just seems to be endless hammering of people lately. I know there's some stupid posts, but there again I've seen some 'proper' sparks that have asked shall we say 'surprising' question! Daz

the only sad negative thing about the Electrical Trainee situation is that in recent years this seems the only way to get your foot in the door into our trade so to speak, hopefully in a few years apprenticeships and traineeships will be on the rise and then the Electrical Trainee will be the last option for someone interested in electrical installation

Apprenticeships and adult courses are still there but theres an option for fast track and people take it...

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day....
I also have no doubt the system is flawed but I can't blame people for going the fast track route.

What a crock.

There's lots more wrong with the electrical trainee situation not least of which is the massive rip off that these people suffer by believing the hype drivel spouted off by the 'training centres'' that 'promise' a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Electrical Trainee is no way to get your foot in any door, let alone the electrical one. It's a non starter.

Electrical Trainee aren't the bad guys. The bad guys are those telling these people to spend £££s in the promise of earning £££££££££s. At least Electrical Trainee have got of their arse to try and make something of their lives.

The ones I can't stand are those with no quals or training whatsoever, those who don't respect electrical work at all, plumbers builders and "property developers' friends and family" who think they can have a go and assume we are ripping them off with our knowledge and experience are the enemy.

mod's........you might as well close this thread. it's obviously been received in a manner that was un-intended.

sorry to anyone who's taken offence.

Twist the knife again but why? I have seen short course guys that are much better sparks than apprentice trained ones in my time, although AT is my prefered route for my guys.

there will always be ar-se holes that prey on gullable fellas to make a quick £
they promise earnings beyond their wildest dreams--oh yeah
i,d love the owners of these schemes to reply on here

mod's........you might as well close this thread. it's obviously been received in a manner that was un-intended.

sorry to anyone who's taken offence.

Shagbite how did you intend it to go when you start with 'insert negative comments here'?

Twist the knife again but why? I have seen short course guys that are much better sparks than apprentice trained ones in my time, although AT is my prefered route for my guys.

No you Haven't!! Because it's just not possible!! There are rough time served electricians, that don't give a ----, but at least they know they are roughs!! lol!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ he beat me to it, there will never as long as every ones back side faces south, will an intense short course of less than 2 months ever ever be on par with a full time served course.

And if there are timed served guys that can be out shined by these intense course guys, I'm glad that I'm coming to the end of all this

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ he beat me to it, there will never as long as every ones back side faces south, will an intense short course of less than 2 months ever ever be on par with a full time served course.

And if there are timed served guys that can be out shined by these intense course guys, I'm glad that I'm coming to the end of all this

Amen!!

Reply to insert negative comments about Electrical Trainee here in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net