Discuss Inspect and test on lighting circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
When testing lighting circuits that contains multiple fittings connected to the circuit via plug in roses, are the readings for either R1R2 or R2 taken at the plug in rose or the fitting?

This question is aimed more at doing a periodic rather than at the initial verification stage. Personally I have always seen the plug in rose and flex connection to the fitting as an inspection, as its not fixed wiring, but may be wrong.

Thanks and hope for some help full contributions:helmet:

For a periodic inspection I would tend to take the easiest method of testing and if you can get to the connections at the rose then test at the rose, if it is easier at the pendant then test at the pendant (but as you say inspect the pendant in any case).
R2 is easy at the rose R1+R2 never easy on plastic fittings unless you use a switch earth.

Cheers Richard,

All the Klik roses are onto Besa boxes behind the suspended ceiling, so are a doddle to get to. My thinking was that if all tests OK at the rose, but who ever installed the light fittings balls up a connection in the fitting it self.

When testing lighting circuits that contains multiple fittings connected to the circuit via plug in roses, are the readings for either R1R2 or R2 taken at the plug in rose or the fitting?

This question is aimed more at doing a periodic rather than at the initial verification stage. Personally I have always seen the plug in rose and flex connection to the fitting as an inspection, as its not fixed wiring, but may be wrong.

Thanks and hope for some help full contributions:helmet:

That all makes sense, the plug in bit is as you say not strictly part of the fixed installation, so take your R1R2 at he rose. If you really want to test the plugged in part, then make an adaptor up for your meter and test it PAT fashion.

Cheers............Howard

Reply to Inspect and test on lighting circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net