Discuss Inspection and Testing in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

134.2.1 During erection and on completion of an installation or an addition or alteration to an installation, and before it is put into service, appropriate inspection and testing shall be carried out by skilled persons competent to verify that the requirements of this Standard have been met. Appropriate certification shall be issued in accordance with Chapter 64.

134.2.1 During erection and on completion of an installation or an addition or alteration to an installation, and before it is put into service, appropriate inspection and testing shall be carried out by skilled persons competent to verify that the requirements of this Standard have been met. Appropriate certification shall be issued in accordance with Chapter 64.
Ok I know this but is it against the law put into service without certification.

As previously stated the statutory document is E&WR 1989. To prove you are complying with this document you would undertake visual inspections and testing.

Until someone dies through an incorrectly installed circuit and testing was ignored.

So for what is Inspection and Testing if is not necessary? Where is the sense ?
I&T is necessary to show that the installation complies with both the design and the Regulations.
The Regulations are non-statutory, but if you are working in compliance with them, then I&T has to be done, to comply.

@dj2102 My advice would be to treat any form of certification that you sign is like an insurance policy. It needs to be filled out correctly!!
The only time that it will really come into play is when something goes wrong. "why pay insurance??" you only need it when it goes wrong!!
If the building burnt down' or someone got a shock due to an electrical fault, who is the first to be questioned? The last sparks on site "it was ok until he had been".
When or if it hits court they will pull in top experts, the first thing they will want to see is the certs. If your certs are bang on, and you work is bang on, they will then look further down the line, ie last sparks before you. Making sure on EIC that "comments on existing install" is filled out with anything that you noticed could save you a lot of pain.
I always do the cert before I do the invoice, seems a lot less painful that way. It is part of the job and is not complete without it.

Reply to Inspection and Testing in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock