Discuss Inspection and Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark2009

Hi
Is there a free cd that i can get which will show me how to fill in certificates and also the best way to test, in the current situation without work i need to change direction, my qualification allows me to test as a competent person.

Best Regards

Mark2009

Hi Mark,

There are a few DVD's available on that auction site, that demonstrate the process.

What qualification do you have?

The only reason i ask, is that, you should have the 2391 under your belt as this is the course designed for inspection and testing.

You should also have public liability and professional indemnity insurance cover as well.

The certs, once you get your head round them, are pretty straight forward but sometimes there are certain installations that confuse the issue of what to write, and where.

N.I.C.E.I.C do a fantastic dvd called 'An introduction to INTIAL INSPECTION & TESTING DVD for domestic properties vol 1.. .maybe more volumes out there hope so ,,.

i brought tht dvd last year
when i was doin my 2392 exam for inital testing, well worth gettin if ya serious about ya testing ;-)

Hi
Is there a free cd that i can get which will show me how to fill in certificates and also the best way to test, in the current situation without work i need to change direction, my qualification allows me to test as a competent person.

Best Regards

Mark2009

Mark I wont try to guess what your qualification is but the recognised qualification to demonstrate competence is the 2391 If you have this qualification then I am surprised at the question because it is part of the 2391 standard for this knowlege to be attained If someone did a 2391 course then this would be covered

By the way there is nothing whatsoever stopping anyone from doing test and inspection The local plumber or diy enthusiast can set themselves up in this work
The downfall for them is that their competence must be demonstrated in a court if something tragic happens
The 2391 will demonstrate this which should go along with pl insurance for these possibilities

There are many cds on the market that teach the 2391 These will be much cheaper than the schemes and some are very good Get them on ebay for as little as £4 They will include form filling

Reply to Inspection and Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net