Discuss Inspection camera recommendation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dcf

Anyone use one of these items?
think it would be a handy bit of tackle to have if not essential
narrowed it down to a Bosch 10.8v,ridgid ca100 and a sure sight one
cheers in advance
dcf

Depends on the reason you think you might need one.

I have a cheap one because I do not expect to use it often but is useful when needed.
On the ones you mention they all have good cameras but they are 17mm heads so if you wanted to look somewhere where you would need to drill a hole then it would have to be larger than 17mm. Some cameras have 9mm or less heads which can mean they are easier to feed, but the resolution will drop.
The base option is a camera with a flexible head and only live viewing, fine for the quick checking of cable routes and 'where is my cable'.
However if you were doing surveys or had to report findings then a record and download facility would be useful.
The camera only options that connect to a laptop may also be useful as they have more flexibility (but do need a laptop).

Really does depend on how much you are prepared to pay vs the use you may get out of it.

Have a look at the bottom of this page at "similar threads" that may give more information from previous posters.

I have a "seesnake " is also cheapish for what it does: records, allows remote viewing, connects to tv etc. Screen detaches from camera for easier use. Godsend when you need an extra pair of hands. Does'nt take long to pay for itself.

Reply to Inspection camera recommendation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock